Tag Bluetooth Display issue

Avg2424

Hello,

I have an issue with version 3 that started after I deleted the app and reinstalled. I've had the app since version 2 and never had this problem. 

The problem is that the artist, album, and time appear incorrect (see photo).

Now I know what you are going to say. It's not my tags, it's not an album art issue, and it's not a VBR issue. It's an app issue. How do I know? I ran vbrfix, I tried redownloading art and editing tags. The only thing that fixed it was to downgrade back to V2 and the tags/time display correctly. VLC displayed the tags correctly also. 

Something in version 3 is causing the problem. It could be because I started with V2 before updating to V3 that I didn't see the problem until I cleared, uninstalled, and reinstalled it. I haven't tried updating again and I sent a "contact us" message a long time ago that never got replied to. 

Any ideas (that don't say it's the music files that are the issue)? 

a2-f11-m26165_resized_1280-9332.jpg

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Are you using the latest build (830)? This was an issue with early releases of v3 (due to changes in the Android library bluetooth functionality I seem to recall), but as far as I know was fixed - it's fine on mine anyway.

Andre

I'll give it a try. 

I was using a version updated in May I believe. So a recent version, yes, not sure if 830.

Like I said, it was fine until I cleared and reinstalled. I forgot what I was trying to fix by doing that, but it wasn't tags. I tried reinstalling a few times and then gave up and installed V2. Photo was taken June 5th using the latest Play Store version. 

I'll test upgrading and then wipe app data and reinstall to see what happens. My guess is the upgrade will work fine, but the wipe and reinstall will give the bad tags.

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I assume that after the full rescan in build 830, the info is correct in PA's player screen, and also in the Info/Tags display for each song?

Andre

Yeah, I mean the display in PA shows the Artist - Album on the same line (which I don't like, but that's the design) but yes, the song info is correct in PA. 

Andre, 

My issue started with V3 build 817. 

Build 815 works perfectly. 

Let me know what I can do to help resolve this. 

Things to note, I would kill (force stop) the app after a full rescan because the tags wouldn't change until then. Sometimes I would need to reboot while testing different versions because it wouldn't send any tags over BT (this happened when trying a version above 815)

8 minutes ago, Avg2424 said:

Andre, 

My issue started with V3 build 817. 

Build 815 works perfectly. 

Let me know what I can do to help resolve this. 

I'm guessing that between those builds a newer version of the Android library was compiled in the build, including changes to Bluetooth support. Max would be able to say more though.

Andre

Archived