Issues with shuffle since new interface....

CoreyOLi

Hey all,

I used to love this music player, however with this new interface and such it doesn't seem to work nearly as well as it used to!  I used to be able to select an artist and randomize all albums under that artist, this doesn't seem to be an option anymore?  Do I really have to create a playlist to do this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this is a feature I used everyday, and without it, I will have to find a new player... 

Thanks,

Corey

Do you mean you want to randomly listen to tracks from one artist, regardless of what album they are in? If you always want this mode, enable Settings > Library > Lists > Shuffle Category Songs. Otherwise the default with that mode off is to shuffle an album at a time within that Artist's category.

To start shuffled playback, go into the Artist view and tap on the Shuffle icon at the top of their albums list. You can also tap on the 'All Artist Songs' link at the top of the list first, and then tap the Shuffle icon, which will always do the same thing regardless of the 'Shuffle Category Songs' setting.

Andre 

I appreciate your attempts to help, however I just tried all of this, and it still plays all songs from an album before moving to the next....  So....  Poweramp is garbage to me....  They made it pretty but it works for crap now....

50 minutes ago, CoreyOLi said:

I appreciate your attempts to help, however I just tried all of this, and it still plays all songs from an album before moving to the next....

Well that's what it's meant to do, since you asked in your first post to "randomize all albums under that artist". i.e. it randomises each individual album by the artist, which is what you said you wanted.

However, as I mentioned above, if what you actually want is to randomise all songs by an artist (i.e. their whole collections of songs, regardless of which album they might appear on) then all you need to do is first tap on 'All Artist Songs' at the top of the artist view before tapping on the Shuffle icon.

So you can do it either way. In fact there are even more options, but it sounds to me that All Artist Songs is what you want here.

Andre

Archived