Player UI seekbar and track time malfunctioning (build830)

jaxtherogue

Phone: Pixel 3
Android Version: 10
Android Build: QPP3.190404.015
Poweramp Build: 830

Within the last few days (I can't tie it to any specific event or update) my Player UI has been acting strangely.  The seekbar does not show any dynamics. It shows the entire track at either max or minimum (usually minimum). Also, the track time is inaccurate. The current time is correct but the track length is stuck at 419:57:08 for every track.  I have attempted to switch skins and back and forth as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Poweramp with no luck on fixing the issue. Not sure if this is a bug or something is just messed up with my install. Screenshots of the issue and my skin config are attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20190610-070543.png

Screenshot_20190610-071514.png

I also posted this in the Bugs forum..no official reply yet so I am sharing here:

Phone: Pixel 3
Android Build: QPP3.190404.015
Poweramp Build: 830

Within the last few days (I can't tie it to any specific event or update) my Player UI has been acting strangely.  The seekbar does not show any dynamics. It shows the entire track at either max or minimum (usually minimum). Also, the track time is inaccurate. The current time is correct but the track length is stuck at 419:57:08 for every track.  I have attempted to switch skins (between 1st and 3rd party) as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Poweramp with no luck on fixing the issue. Not sure if this is a bug or something is just messed up with my install. Screenshots of the issue and my skin config are attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20190610-070543.png

Screenshot_20190610-071514.png

3 hours ago, jaxtherogue said:

This is most likely your problem. This may be a beta-test version of Android Q, which is not as yet supported, but @maxmp could tell us more. Possibly related to changes Google is making (again) to management of storage access. I do wish they'd stop mucking about - it's MY memory card not theirs, and just like on MY computer I want all of my software to be able to access it without jumping through hoops.

Andre

7 hours ago, maxmp said:

@jaxtherogue If this happens for the specific track, please send it to me for tests (while in Poweramp lists, long press track / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com). Poweramp works fine on Q beta 4.

I can send you a track, but it happens on all tracks. Let me know if you still want a track.

On 6/12/2019 at 11:06 AM, andrewilley said:

This is most likely your problem. This may be a beta-test version of Android Q, which is not as yet supported, but @maxmp could tell us more. Possibly related to changes Google is making (again) to management of storage access. I do wish they'd stop mucking about - it's MY memory card not theirs, and just like on MY computer I want all of my software to be able to access it without jumping through hoops.

Andre

The thought occurred to me, though I have been running Beta 1, 2 and 3 with no issues in Poweramp until last week and I only just installed Beta 4 yesterday. So it is possible I supposed, but the issue doesn't seem to align with when I applied those Android 10 updates.

11 minutes ago, jaxtherogue said:

I can send you a track, but it happens on all tracks. Let me know if you still want a track.

I still think it's definitely an Android Q thing. Someone else on Q reported the exact same issue. Are your files in unusual formats too (e.g. OPUS like this poster) or regular MP3s?

Andre

(threads merged to avoid the same discussion running in two places)

Archived