Jump to content
Poweramp
jaxtherogue

Player UI seekbar and track time malfunctioning (build830)

Recommended Posts

Phone: Pixel 3
Android Version: 10
Android Build: QPP3.190404.015
Poweramp Build: 830

Within the last few days (I can't tie it to any specific event or update) my Player UI has been acting strangely.  The seekbar does not show any dynamics. It shows the entire track at either max or minimum (usually minimum). Also, the track time is inaccurate. The current time is correct but the track length is stuck at 419:57:08 for every track.  I have attempted to switch skins and back and forth as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Poweramp with no luck on fixing the issue. Not sure if this is a bug or something is just messed up with my install. Screenshots of the issue and my skin config are attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20190610-070543.png

Screenshot_20190610-071514.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also posted this in the Bugs forum..no official reply yet so I am sharing here:

Phone: Pixel 3
Android Version: 10
Android Build: QPP3.190404.015
Poweramp Build: 830

Within the last few days (I can't tie it to any specific event or update) my Player UI has been acting strangely.  The seekbar does not show any dynamics. It shows the entire track at either max or minimum (usually minimum). Also, the track time is inaccurate. The current time is correct but the track length is stuck at 419:57:08 for every track.  I have attempted to switch skins (between 1st and 3rd party) as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Poweramp with no luck on fixing the issue. Not sure if this is a bug or something is just messed up with my install. Screenshots of the issue and my skin config are attached. Any help would be appreciated.

Screenshot_20190610-070543.png

Screenshot_20190610-071514.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, jaxtherogue said:

Android Version: 10

This is most likely your problem. This may be a beta-test version of Android Q, which is not as yet supported, but @maxmp could tell us more. Possibly related to changes Google is making (again) to management of storage access. I do wish they'd stop mucking about - it's MY memory card not theirs, and just like on MY computer I want all of my software to be able to access it without jumping through hoops.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@jaxtherogue If this happens for the specific track, please send it to me for tests (while in Poweramp lists, long press track / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com). Poweramp works fine on Q beta 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, maxmp said:

@jaxtherogue If this happens for the specific track, please send it to me for tests (while in Poweramp lists, long press track / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com). Poweramp works fine on Q beta 4.

I can send you a track, but it happens on all tracks. Let me know if you still want a track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/12/2019 at 11:06 AM, andrewilley said:

This is most likely your problem. This may be a beta-test version of Android Q, which is not as yet supported, but @maxmp could tell us more. Possibly related to changes Google is making (again) to management of storage access. I do wish they'd stop mucking about - it's MY memory card not theirs, and just like on MY computer I want all of my software to be able to access it without jumping through hoops.

Andre

The thought occurred to me, though I have been running Beta 1, 2 and 3 with no issues in Poweramp until last week and I only just installed Beta 4 yesterday. So it is possible I supposed, but the issue doesn't seem to align with when I applied those Android 10 updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jaxtherogue said:

I can send you a track, but it happens on all tracks. Let me know if you still want a track.

I still think it's definitely an Android Q thing. Someone else on Q reported the exact same issue. Are your files in unusual formats too (e.g. OPUS like this poster) or regular MP3s?

Andre

(threads merged to avoid the same discussion running in two places)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×