No longer able to see or choose music folders for library

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A mickey mouse temporary solution, but if I select whatever folder I want PA to play with something like File Commander, since I have PA set to always play MP3s and FLAC files, that directory will get played by PA.  I can still set shuffle options - I just can't set the library with PA.

Hello.  I am having the same issue, after upgrading from a Moto G5 Plus running Android 8 to a Moto G7 running Android 9.

I have the full version of Poweramp, downloaded from the Google Store.

I was able to see all subfolders without issue on my earlier phone.  I can still play the music in the folders via Poweramp on the new phone, I just can't see the list of subfolders to unselect some of the folders.

This is with v3-build-830-play (Full Version).

Another thing I just noticed..  When I play songs, the message 'Failed to play file!' always appears, although the song does play.

After 5(?) 'failed' songs, Poweramp automatically stops, saying too many songs failed to play.

This didn't happen on my Moto G5 Plus :)

===

Looking more closely..  Poweramp appears to be skipping a song when I advance to a new song (with the 'double right arrow' button), then it plays the song after.  (e.g. I'll advance past 'Happy Birthday', I very briefly see the song 'Starspangled Banner' sweep past, then Poweramp moves to 'Sing song whatever', and does play 'Sing song whatever'.  And, it reports that 'Sing song whatever' is the song that failed to play.)

===

And, I just deleted a folder with many MP3s in it (1000+?) [via a USB connection on Windows] and Poweramp was no longer finding any music with a rescan or full rescan (0 songs, 0 folders), so I force stopped Poweramp and reloaded it and did a rescan and it found mp3s, and now it is playing music as expected, without skipping.  But, I am still unable to see any subfolders.  I hope this helps..

Hello! Same thing happened to me today, because I've just reset my phone (LG Nexus 5X, internal memory only). Worked well with v2 -> v3 update, but with a clean v3 install doesn't show any folder. It still found all my music, but it with all other garbage folders.

6 hours ago, maxmp said:

@AstralUnicorn the behavior you’re describing is an indication of hacked build. At this point, it should show the trial ended dialog, which is removed in hacked version, but Poweramp core still won’t continue. Please install Poweramp from Play or this forum downloads section.

Every time I've installed PA its been from the Play store. 

5 hours ago, miosasga said:

I reinstalled v3-build-829-uni that in this site.

Everything's back to normal.

But the settings have been reset.

Thanks for sharing, installed it and folder select is back, no more WhatsApp audio 😅😅😅

Screenshot_20190610-114656_Poweramp.png

18 hours ago, maxmp said:

@AstralUnicorn the behavior you’re describing is an indication of hacked build. At this point, it should show the trial ended dialog, which is removed in hacked version, but Poweramp core still won’t continue. Please install Poweramp from Play or this forum downloads section.

@maxmpI have just now done that and Poweramp does indeed appear to be working now.  I originally installed Poweramp using the built-in 'migration tool' that Android offers to move everything from your old phone to your new phone, which also 'reinstalled' (only kind of, apparently) everything by downloading it from Google Play.

Check that my account, zincthallinide@gmail.com, bought Poweramp a few years ago if you don't believe me :P

Thanks for giving me the solution directly..  I didn't think that that could be the issue so I didn't try.

10 hours ago, stevewilson said:

I reinstalled v3-build-829-uni that in this site.  All is back.  Thanks much.

I downloaded build 830 from this site and now the library work fine... I don't know why, but the version of the PLAYSTORE is bad.

I copied folders back over to my phone after deleting them (so that Poweramp wouldn't play the music in them), and now Poweramp isn't finding any subfolders again, and scanning/rescanning finds 0 files and 0 folders.

I rebooted my phone, and uninstalled and reinstalled Poweramp, and I'm still having the same result.  I did get the 'grant access to Poweramp' prompt on this new reinstall but it doesn't seem to have worked.  I tried running the Unlocker, and it didn't do anything.  Poweramp reports that it's the Full Version.

I find Poweramp to be unusable as-is...

===

I have downloaded the 829 build apk from this site and installed it, and it is working as expected.  I recommend considering that your program has a bug in it, rather than immediately assuming everyone with this bug is using a pirated version.

Same issue, confirmed. 

I factory reset my phone, Pure Android 8.1, then start to restore from Google acc.

And set my SD card as an internal storage.

Poweramp Build 8.30, from Google Play Store.

Get the same issue then. 

It was fine, with Build 8.30, before factory reset.

Screenshot_2019_06_12_03_00_19.jpg