Jump to content
Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
fatmanny1901

Music being sorted incorrectly?

Recommended Posts

I have a few albums where some tracks are sorted properly under the correct artist/album, but the rest are sorted under unknown artist/album. I have double checked that the information is correct and it's the same across the entire album. Is there something I'm blatantly missing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fatmanny1901 said:

I have a few albums where some tracks are sorted properly under the correct artist/album, but the rest are sorted under unknown artist/album. I have double checked that the information is correct and it's the same across the entire album. Is there something I'm blatantly missing?

Probably the songs havn't got a tag "Album Artist". Poweramp uses that to define what's an album. You could either add the tags or try to activate Settings > Library > Lists > Join Albums.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do the artist/album/etc names show up correctly when you long-press on each song and view Info/Tags ?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, blaubär said:

Probably the songs havn't got a tag "Album Artist". Poweramp uses that to define what's an album. You could either add the tags or try to activate Settings > Library > Lists > Join Albums.

That's kind of what I thought so I added Album Artist, but upon checking the correct tracks they don't have Album Artist. Either way it didn't resolve my issue.

10 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Do the artist/album/etc names show up correctly when you long-press on each song and view Info/Tags ?

Andre

Yes all the information is identical. The correct track title is tagged in the info but still comes up under Track 01 etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This can happen if track tags are not readable. Good example of unreadable tags are tracks with images > allowed by standard.

Can you please share such track(s)? (You can do it via Poweramp itself - while in list, long press track / Send / Gmail / gpmaxmpz@gmail.com). Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Settings / Library / Scanner / Parse CUE files.

Also, please update to build-830 (if you're on earlier beta).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are these tracks actual individual audio files, or are they being created as items based on the CUE file (i.e. subsections from one long audio file)? If they are individual files, and properly tagged, you don't need to have CUE files present at all.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Are these tracks actual individual audio files, or are they being created as items based on the CUE file (i.e. subsections from one long audio file)? If they are individual files, and properly tagged, you don't need to have CUE files present at all.

Andre

I share that same logic. I'm going through and finding all the albums that have a CUE file and deleting it.

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

Settings / Library / Scanner / Parse CUE files.

Also, please update to build-830 (if you're on earlier beta).

I was on 829. Thanks for the heads up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×