Broken downloaded ARTIST IMAGES

Even after clean install (tested on 2 devices with different accounts)

Steps to reproduce:

1) Settings - Album Art - Download Artist Images;

2) Open Artist category in library.

Watch attachments.

50% artists images are broken with black cutouts, this bug from December 2018.

To 100% reproduce this bug - try it on same artists:

Arctic Monkeys, Asking Alexandria, Enter Shikari, Eminem, DevilDriver, Foals, Joy Division, The Knife, Metallica, Muse...

Yes I can change art by manually but 99% of images - horizontally wide, if i change manually - there no crop and circle cutout. Only automatically Poweramp can make circles or manually with vertically images. thx

IMG_20190601_105447.jpg

IMG_20190601_105536.jpg

IMG_20190601_105442.jpg

This mean connection was unstable during download of the image (and as most images are sent with chunked encoding, it's generally not possible to easily detect the corruption). I will still try to add some code to detect such case and drop such images.

2 minutes ago, maxmp said:

This mean connection was unstable during download of the image (and as most images are sent with chunked encoding, it's generally not possible to easily detect the corruption). I will still try to add some code to detect such case and drop such images.

thx a lot.

also I tried cleaning image cache/reinstall Poweramp with manual remove ur directory + change internet provider and use good VPN.

always same(

also mb add option "disable images in artist list", like ur old UI?

IMG_20190601_203748.jpg

4 minutes ago, maxmp said:

You can just uncheck Download Artist Images in Settings /Album Art.

yep, but than I have another bug on 20% artists:

some of them don't have any icon, but album and songs have. (#1 attachment)

even if I change manually album art - empty icon in artist still exist (#2 attachment)

only way to change image - manually change artist image, also i disabled artist image, but when I press on manually download button - there only artist photos, not albums... (#3 attachment)

I just wanna 100% artist image or 100% album artworks in my library, not mix 80% of artwork an 20% of artist image... thx

IMG_20190601_204625.jpg

IMG_20190601_204623.jpg

IMG_20190601_204627-min.jpg

57 minutes ago, Calgary Doug said:

Once this is fixed, is there a way to clear all artist images and redownload? 

You can clear the whole artwork cache in PA itself, or remove the contents of the relevant folder in /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ . You can see which images are truncated in there too.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

You can clear the whole artwork cache in PA itself, or remove the contents of the relevant folder in /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ . You can see which images are truncated in there too.

yep.

i remove app and dat folder.

than reinstall.

even change rom and phone)

bug still exist.

The bug will still exist, but if you clear just the broken entries does PA not then try to re-download clean copies? If it's then repeatable for the same artist name, then presumably there must be an issue with the source image that PA is locating for that particular artist (or maybe it's just too high a resolution?). I have a number of these corrupted artist images on my phone too, but as I very rarely use Artist view I hadn't noticed. 

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

I've repeated several times on different devices, different connections and uninstall/reinstall Poweramp with the result of random artist images being corrupt. There is no discernable pattern as to which images are corrupt. I'd guess each attempt results in about 40% or images failing to download correctly. 

On 6/1/2019 at 8:31 PM, maxmp said:

thx!

in new version from 4pda 832 (64bit) bug fully fixed)

Archived