Jump to content
Poweramp

Recommended Posts

Please specify the following:

  • Poweramp version and build number (available in Poweramp Settings => About):  v3-build-826-play 
  • Your device model: LG-H820
  • Your Android version: 6.0.1

 

Hello,

Today I try to export my Poweramp playlists. When I give the export button, it tells me that the export was successful, but when I see the .m3u8 file, the new songs added do not appear. I even rebooted my phone, but all playlists were deleted (even in folder playlists). I went back to making the playlists and tried again to export them, but it did not work. What I can do? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you select the Export Playlists option, PA will only export playlists that were created internally (i.e. using the Add to Playlist > New Playlist option). It will not re-export any existing M3U/M3U8 files that were already on storage.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just tested this. It works as expected. Just try and create a new small playlist and export. Pay attention to the dialog box telling you where it will be saved.

Next verify the result. You can even set your own preferred export folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Working fine for me too, it defaults to saving the playlist .M3U8 files in the /Playlists/ folder on internal storage, but you can alter that if you wish (on recent versions of PA only).

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello,

I tried again to do the export and I noticed something, when I opened the .M3U8 file with a blog, I realized that the writing is incomplete.

To make me understand, Suppose that today in a playlist called "Rock" I add 3 new songs: "Dog", "Cat", "Elephant". So when exporting and reviewing the contents of the M3U8 file it says something like that.

 

/storage/3838-6354/Download/Example.mp3
/storage/3838-6354/Download/Example.mp3
/storage/3838-6354/Download/Dog.mp3
/storage/3838-6354/Download/Cat.mp3
/storage/3838-6354/Download/Elep 

or

/storage/3838-6354/Download/Example.mp3
/storage/3838-6354/Download/Example.mp3
/storage/3838-6354/Download/Dog.mp3
/storage/3838-6354/Download/Cat.mp3
/st

 

Then it is as if the song "Elephant" was not written completely. Obviously in my case they are many songs and instead of 3 maybe they are 80 new and only the first three come out and then the text is cut. I hope you have explained me well. Thank you very much for your help.

Gabriel Ar.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does this only happen to one track? Or many? By focussing on the elefant track, does it show as you expect in other library views such as all songs? And does it play without issues.?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's say you add 10 songs and of the 10 only 3 appear and the third one (In this example: elephant) comes out cut.
And it happens in all playlists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there enough space on the memory where the playlists are written?

Did you try my app to create playlist (free or paid) to test the creation of playlists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if you create a brand new internal playlist in PA with say six tracks, and then immediately export it, it works correctly and all six entries are complete when you look at the M3U8 file in a text editor.

However if you then add three new tracks to the same internal playlist (not to the M3U8 file) and then export it again, the newly exported file now has corruption on the three new tracks only?

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

However if you then add three new tracks to the same internal playlist (not to the M3U8 file) and then export it again, the newly exported file now has corruption on the three new tracks only?

Exactly Andre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 1:27 AM, flyingdutchman said:

Is there enough space on the memory where the playlists are written?

Did you try my app to create playlist (free or paid) to test the creation of playlists?

If the place where the M3U8 files are saved has enough space, in fact it also happens to me that if I try to change the place it has by default, the files are never created.

I have not tried your application, what would it be?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 2:34 AM, flyingdutchman said:

Links in my signature

Now download the free version of your application, but I do not understand how to use it.
Is this application going to help me to make backup copies of my Poweramp playlists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As your issue was creating playlists in Poweramp, my app also creates playlists in Poweramp. If you create the same playlist in my app it will show if there is a difference or not. Creating playlists with my app is easy, go to library, tracks or albums or artists etc. Select tracks by ticking the box. Once selected, tap the plus sign at the top.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not find the sense to return to make my playlists, it would take a long time since I have more than 1000 songs, so I want to save a backup from Poweramp, do not re-do the lists every time.
It is also assumed that Poweramp should be able to perform this action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You said your Poweramp playlists do not complete properly. I propose you repeat that but using my app instead of Poweramp. If my app creates the playlists properly, your issue lies with Poweramp. If the result is the same, the issue is with your music or device

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, gabrielgugo said:

I do not find the sense to return to make my playlists, it would take a long time since I have more than 1000 songs, so I want to save a backup from Poweramp, do not re-do the lists every time.
It is also assumed that Poweramp should be able to perform this action.

Yes Poweramp performs this function fine. Given that you have not responded I assume you still do not quite understand where I am going.

Step 1 -In my app Settings, Random Generation Settings, Set Maximum Number of tracks, set to 2000(or any number you like)

Step 2 On the main screen, Poweramp tab, hit the blue circle with the green plus, accept the proposed name or provide your own, click OK

Step 3 two things have happened, firstly a new playlist was created in Poweramp with x number of tracks (whatever you entered in step 1) and secondly your playlist has also been backed up as playlistname.m3u in a folder called playlist_manager .

Step 4 launch Poweramp, export the newly created playlist and check content

Step 5 do the same with the .m3u playlist in playlist_manager (on internal memory)

Step 6 post  the outcome in this thread

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, create two random playlists from your APP and they actually appeared in Poweramp and then I gave you to export playlists inside Poweramp and check the folder where they are saved and there were not the two new lists created.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In fact I realized something, if I delete something inside the M3U8 files it immediately changes also in Poweramp, but in reverse NOT. If I try to edit a playlist in Poweramp, it does not change anything to the M3U8 file.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 10:56 AM, flyingdutchman said:

Yes Poweramp performs this function fine. Given that you have not responded I assume you still do not quite understand where I am going.

Step 1 -In my app Settings, Random Generation Settings, Set Maximum Number of tracks, set to 2000(or any number you like)

Step 2 On the main screen, Poweramp tab, hit the blue circle with the green plus, accept the proposed name or provide your own, click OK

Step 3 two things have happened, firstly a new playlist was created in Poweramp with x number of tracks (whatever you entered in step 1) and secondly your playlist has also been backed up as playlistname.m3u in a folder called playlist_manager .

Step 4 launch Poweramp, export the newly created playlist and check content

Step 5 do the same with the .m3u playlist in playlist_manager (on internal memory)

Step 6 post  the outcome in this thread

 

 

On 6/8/2019 at 5:26 AM, andrewilley said:

So if you create a brand new internal playlist in PA with say six tracks, and then immediately export it, it works correctly and all six entries are complete when you look at the M3U8 file in a text editor.

However if you then add three new tracks to the same internal playlist (not to the M3U8 file) and then export it again, the newly exported file now has corruption on the three new tracks only?

Andre

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2019 at 1:45 AM, flyingdutchman said:

@gabrielgugo not sure what your issue is anymore. You start out with m3u playlists not completing but then you continue talking about different things.

I do not understand what you mean, I made this thread to find a solution to my problem with the export of Poweramp playlists. But the only thing they have told me to do is to use an external application, what sense does that have?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, gabrielgugo said:

But the only thing they have told me to do is to use an external application, what sense does that have?

Given that @flyingdutchman is the author of a powerful third-party app specifically designed for advanced management of playlists (the clue is in its title) I think his suggestion that you give it a try was eminently sensible.

Your own post however, re-quoting two other posts in full and just adding a question-mark, didn't seem to move things forward a great deal. Could you maybe answer my question, which was aiming to try to get a better understanding of your problem. Thanks.

And in response to your post about modifying a .M3U8 file manually, then yes Poweramp is meant to detect any changes made within its scannable directories - i.e. when audio, playlist, CUE, etc files are either added, modified or deleted, it is meant to update its library database accordingly. 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2019 at 5:26 AM, andrewilley said:

So if you create a brand new internal playlist in PA with say six tracks, and then immediately export it, it works correctly and all six entries are complete when you look at the M3U8 file in a text editor.

However if you then add three new tracks to the same internal playlist (not to the M3U8 file) and then export it again, the newly exported file now has corruption on the three new tracks only?

Andre

The answer to the question is a yes.

Also try the third party application that you mentioned before, but I do not see it useful in my case. I do not want to have to recreate my playlists because they are very long and with Poweramp I could always manage them well and make their respective backup copies. And I do not know why suddenly the Poweramp Playlists Exporting system did not work anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...