Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
w3wilkes

Going Back to Earlier Release?

Just went back to 828 from 829. Initially just tried to install 828, but it wouldn't install. Had to uninstall 829 and then I could install 828. The bummer is you loose all your settings when you uninstall. Is the requirement to uninstall the newer app to go back to an older version of the app a Android requirement or a PA requirement? If it's a PA requirement I would like to request that PA not require this in a future release. Thanks.

Found at the bottom of Settings there's an Export and Import Settings. I should be able to export settings -> uninstall PA -> install PA -> Import settings. Now that I've found this I'll be exporting settings whenever I make a settings change so that if I have to roll back a version again I'll be able to recover my settings.

Remember to also export any internal PA playlists as those will be lost to an uninstall/reinstall too.

Andre

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Remember to also export any internal PA playlists as those will be lost to an uninstall/reinstall too.

Andre

Good reminder for those that use internal PA playlists!

I believe it's an Android thing. I've never been able to install previous versions of apps, always had to uninstall then install older version. With system apps u have to "uninstall updates" then install the apk.