The setting to not change media volume when changing volume in the app

I like to listen to music while playing games, but the volume of music when playing games on mobile is loud,  sometimes even louder than the game itself, and I can't hear what my teammates are saying/sound cues that are advantageous. Listening to music helps me focus, but it's way too loud to hear anything from the game, it'd be great if they added this feature, or maybe It already is a feature and I just can't find it.

7 hours ago, hakicho said:

I like to listen to music while playing games, but the volume of music when playing games on mobile is loud,  sometimes even louder than the game itself, and I can't hear what my teammates are saying/sound cues that are advantageous. Listening to music helps me focus, but it's way too loud to hear anything from the game, it'd be great if they added this feature, or maybe It already is a feature and I just can't find it.

As a workaround you could reduce the preamp in the equalizer screen.

41920198820.jpg

29 minutes ago, hakicho said:

It works, but it doesn't make it quiet enough.

As a further workaround, you could uniformly reduce all equalizer sliders from 31 to 16K as far as possible.

This might slightly alter the sound though, because the eq filter curves won't necessarily add up to a really uniform decrease.

But try it, perhaps it's good enough for background music.

419201995024.jpg

3 hours ago, blaubär said:

As a further workaround, you could uniformly reduce all equalizer sliders from 31 to 16K as far as possible.

This might slightly alter the sound though, because the eq filter curves won't necessarily add up to a really uniform decrease.

But try it, perhaps it's good enough for background music.

419201995024.jpg

Thanks for your reply, it works well. Although it's still a little loud, it would still be nice to have that feature.

3 hours ago, hakicho said:

Although it's still a little loud, it would still be nice to have that feature.

Yes, that would come useful. On rare occasions this already happens, most people then regard this as a bug rather than a feature :

On my Samsung S7 with Android 8 this has happended once or twice, but only temporary, and I couldn't reproduce it afterwards.

So I guess it might be possible fro the Poweramp app to do this on purpose.

Archived