Increase long press time, and reduce side swipe sensitivity

gareity

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Why? They seem perfectly standard Android operations just the way they are? What are you finding difficult about them?

Andre

I think he wants to configure the thresholds for accepting a press as a long press and a finger movement as a swipe.

2 hours ago, blaubär said:

I think he wants to configure the thresholds for accepting a press as a long press and a finger movement as a swipe.

Yes, I understood that - it's in the title - I just asked why, as they both seem to offer pretty-much Android standard functionality. I've not come across many (any?) other regular apps that let you adjust finger swipe motion sensitivity or tweak long-press/hold times (apart from very low-level button management apps anyway).

Andre

Long press is a system property - changing that is only possible per system (thus, if Poweramp changes it , it will affect other apps).

As to swiping sensibility, if you mean cover dragging, it exactly follows finger. If you mean touch-and-release + inertia animation to the next/previous track? This matches (more or less) v2, but I think that can be made configurable, if needed.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2019 at 9:03 PM, gareity said:

Nothing pisses me off more about v3 than the inability to change these settings.

I agree. I have done way more accidental long presses since using v3 than deliberate long presses. It's frustrating. 

Archived