v60

Hi, I use PA with Android Auto in my car. That works fine when using the touchscreen.

However, when I search music with voice command, then android play the title with the google play music app.

Is there a way to make PA the standard player that will also be used by voice control?

Thanks for any help.

PS: v3-build-828-play / Android 9 / Volvo V60 II

If it works the same way as Google voice commands, have you tried specifying Poweramp in the command? For example "Play <SongTitle> in Poweramp".

You should be able to set the default by tapping on your user-avatar icon (top-right of the Google Assistant voice listening page) and then select Settings from the menu, then choose Music from the Services tab. However PA does not seem to show up in my list of options there, I only get YouTube and Google Play Music plus some streaming services. I did try selecting No Default Provider, and after a few goes at "Play <SongTitle> in Poweramp" it seems to have worked out that PA should be my default.

Andre

Thanks Andre. I did as you proposed. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. For example, the assistant says that song xy will be played, but nothing happens. I will keep trying.

• 2 weeks later...

I am having a similar experience where sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes the response is "playing xyz" and then dead silence.  Other times if I ask it to play an album, it will play a random song in the album.  Other times, it will play an album like it's supposed to.  I have Poweramp setup as the default for playing music.

I have a 2019 Civic Hatch and am using a Galaxy S7.

I will poke around the settings in Poweramp to see if there are any AA specific settings that may help.  Frustrating because I was REALLY excited when I discovered that my favorite music player on Android how supported AA!

• 2 months later...

I found I first need to get rid of the default media player in the Home app. Press the person icon bottom right. Press settings, then services, then music. Then select "no default provider". It should them ask you which player you want to use when you play a song, and will give you the option of Poweramp.

I haven't yet found a way to get the voice commands to work how I'd like. For example asking to play an album name results in the first song from that album in alphabetical order being played, and Poweramp proceeds to play the next song on all the album's you have in alphabetical order.

Archived