Sort list by filename

rockhpi

I use folders to sort my music.  I have an album where I had 3 of the songs from a Greatest Hits compilation and then later bought the rest of the songs on the album by themselves.

The filenames are 01-Song 1, 02-Song 2, etc. so in a music folder they are in the correct order.

Poweramp is sorting them by the album though (02-Greatest Hits, 05-Greatest Hits, 07 Greatest Hits, 01-Album , 03-Album , etc.) and I can't find an option to sort by filename.

(another example is an album where the play order is different than released - the filenames are numbered in the custom order but Poweramp is very corporate-minded and plays them in released order).

Is there a way to sort a folder by filename?

Tap the three-dots menu icon and select List Options, then choose your desired storing method and view type. You can set this independently for the folders levels (where I tend to use By Path) and the songs level (where I choose By Filename).

Andre

You need to be aware that the List Options mentioned by Andre may not work (Version 827). An example is while in Folders view you can go to List Options and select to list folders by date added and the list is in folder name order.

1 hour ago, w3wilkes said:

You need to be aware that the List Options mentioned by Andre may not work (Version 827). 

And you need to be aware that the options I mentioned work fine, in all versions, please do not confuse new users with obscure bug reports. However (as you know) folders do not have a concept of date in Poweramp, only files do, so you may get unexpected results if you try odd combinations.

Andre

Archived