Poweramp Build 828

maxmp

@supcube If track contains lyrics, these lyrics are shown. If there is no lyrics tag, search is automatically initiated via one of the supported 3rd party app.

(If you feel you want extra step for tracks without embed lyrics, so it will show "No lyrics" popup with Search button as previously, I can add this option to a Lyrics App option).

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Images that are embedded within audio files do not get displayed, however artwork that has been downloaded (either manually or automatically) or which comes from in-folder cover.jpg/folder.jpg/etc files, is shown correctly. Curious!

The difference is that album art from storage is sent with the content-length provided (as image files have defined size), and embed covers are sent as chunked (no fixed size) stream of data. Both are perfectly OK from http protocol point of view, but for some reason the later is not so well implemented in some chromecast firmwares, it seems. It definitely works for all my available chromecast devices, including the ones without display (chromecast always renders some UI internally, even if it has no display to show it).

I will add some code to polish this for the next builds.

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

It definitely works for all my available chromecast devices, including the ones without display (chromecast always renders some UI internally, even if it has no display to show it).

Yes, all cover artwork displays perfectly on my Chromecast dongle for all types. It's only on the Onkyo amp display where there is this discrepancy between file-based artwork (which works) and music-file-embedded artwork (which doesn't). 

Andre

Oneplus 6 Pie 9.0.3

When I'm listening to a song with PA and a message comes in, audio stutters (with bluetooth and speaker). Tried with X-plore player and audio don"t stutter. Works fine.

When I push vol up or down audio stutter changing volume. X-plore is smooth.

This happened in previous releases too.

Short name folders now works very fine.

Thank you

The latest update messes up the appearance of my folders. I keep having to downgrade the app.

Here is a screenshot, most of them now show as "internal storage" instead of simply the folder name like it used to be.

Thank you.

Screenshot_20190512-085150_Poweramp~01.png

I thought I would include my other observations here.

I use a Bluetooth speaker  (Anker Flare+) with my phone (HTC 10), often times when I pause music from the speaker, I can't resume with the same button. Especially after the phone screen goes off, I have to wake my phone and play on it to listen again. It works 10% of the time and fails 90%.

Edit:

There's an option to resume songs from where it last played, I do have some 2-3hr songs which gets skipped everytime I enable this option. Any fixes?

Thank you again

I use android 9 on HTC 10

Those would probably be folders at the root level of your music collection, which can show the full path by default. Max added a new feature to allow Full or Short Folder Names (tap menu > List Options at the Folders level view to set it) but folders at the root level can currently cause different results - Max was looking into changing this for the next release.

Could you screen shot the same list of folder names but in Compact List view, so it's easier to see what it's actually trying to display?

Andre

18 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Those would probably be folders at the root level of your music collection, which can show the full path by default. Max added a new feature to allow Full or Short Folder Names (tap menu > List Options at the Folders level view to set it) but folders at the root level can currently cause different results - Max was looking into changing this for the next release.

Could you screen shot the same list of folder names but in Compact List view, so it's easier to see what it's actually trying to display?

Andre

Thank you so much, that fixed it. 😁

Screenshot_20190512-093251_Poweramp~01.png

@maxmp not sure if the MusixMatch support is new for this version or not, but anyway a BIG thank you for adding this, it's something that I have really been missing since abandoing the 2.0.

Kim

4 hours ago, Neosiris said:

Please max, add the option to return to the song list when pressing back on the player screen instead of exiting the app altogether.

Settings > Look and Feel > Start at Library. Pressing the Back button in the Player screen will then take you back to whatever you have set as the default Library view.

If you want to return to the current songs list (for example, the list of songs in an album that you are listening to, with the currently playing song highlighted in the middle) just tap anywhere on the album art area.

Andre

11 hours ago, Neosiris said:

Please max, add the option to return to the song list when pressing back on the player screen instead of exiting the app altogether.

This is also number one on my wish list, I really hate "being thrown" out of the app by hitting back one time to much! I'm standing on my knees beging for the option to disable the exit... it would really be an early Christmas gift for me to get this implemented... I wonder what it would take to bribe Max to add this?

Kim

On 5/12/2019 at 9:06 AM, Tronixinc said:

I thought I would include my other observations here.

I use a Bluetooth speaker  (Anker Flare+) with my phone (HTC 10), often times when I pause music from the speaker, I can't resume with the same button. Especially after the phone screen goes off, I have to wake my phone and play on it to listen again. It works 10% of the time and fails 90%.

Edit:

There's an option to resume songs from where it last played, I do have some 2-3hr songs which gets skipped everytime I enable this option. Any fixes?

Thank you again

I use android 9 on HTC 10

Any help with these please?

On 5/17/2019 at 12:00 AM, andrewilley said:

Settings > Look and Feel > Start at Library. Pressing the Back button in the Player screen will then take you back to whatever you have set as the default Library view.

If you want to return to the current songs list (for example, the list of songs in an album that you are listening to, with the currently playing song highlighted in the middle) just tap anywhere on the album art area.

Andre

Hello

is there a way to display all songs from the album which contains the song currently playing (whatever the entry of playing the song: eg. coming from a search)?

Build 824:

• playlist entries now survive storage path changes
    Poweramp now keeps playlist entries even if Music Folders are changed/unchecked, Scoped Storage root changed, storage removed, etc.
    New Playlist menu action to Rescan / Resolve Playlist
  • new options:
    • Library / Playlists / Remove Playlist Entries On Track Deletion
    • Library / Playlists / Resolve Playlist Entries

I've noticed ever since Build 824 that the above works as intended, but is sort of creating a headache.

If i have a song in 5 different playlists and delete it from my phone, the non-resolving entry remains in all 5 playlists, unless i manually go through each of the playlists and remove it.

Even with the following setting turned on, the empty missing song entries will still remain in the playlists after the song is deleted from the device. Is this intended, or an issue on my end?

• Settings > Library > Playlists > Remove Playlist Entries On Track Deletion (ON)

3 hours ago, fabien44 said:

is there a way to display all songs from the album which contains the song currently playing (whatever the entry of playing the song: eg. coming from a search)?

Sure, long-press on the album artwork (or use the three-dots menu button) and select Album from the list.

Andre

32 minutes ago, JohnnySapphire said:

If i have a song in 5 different playlists and delete it from my phone, the non-resolving entry remains in all 5 playlists, unless i manually go through each of the playlists and remove it.

Try going into the Playlists library category, tap on the three-dots menu icon, and choose "Rescan / Resolve Playlists". You can also set an option to do this during automatic scans too.

I'm assuming your playlists are all internally created ones, not file-based ones (from .M3U files, etc)?

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Try going into the Playlists library category, tap on the three-dots menu icon, and choose "Rescan / Resolve Playlists". You can also set an option to do this during automatic scans too.

I'm assuming your playlists are all internally created ones, not file-based ones (from .M3U files, etc)?

Andre

Thanks.

• Playlists are .M3U files
  • Tried the Resolve/Rescan at playlist level and playlist overall library level (have this set to ON to auto scan already)
  • Tried Library rescan
  • All the auto scans and rescans are set to ON

Deleted song file still remains in all playlists after this. Only started happening after build 824. Thanks again for your support. I love PA.

4 hours ago, JohnnySapphire said:
  • Playlists are .M3U files

I suspect that the new 'resolve' feature only works with internal (database) playlists, it should not delete contents randomly from file-based lists. Try converting such a list to an internal playlist: Long-press on an .M3U playlist within the library, and select Add to Playlist. That will copy all of the entries from the file into a new internal playlist. Then you can see if the entries in that version are removed from the new playlist when you delete one of the contained files.

Andre

17 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I suspect that the new 'resolve' feature only works with internal (database) playlists, it should not delete contents randomly from file-based lists. Try converting such a list to an internal playlist: Long-press on an .M3U playlist within the library, and select Add to Playlist. That will copy all of the entries from the file into a new internal playlist. Then you can see if the entries in that version are removed from the new playlist when you delete one of the contained files.

Andre

Just tried this and still the same problem with an internal playlist.

1. Copied all playlist entries from .M3U playlist to new internal playlist
  2. Deleted one of those song files from the phone itself.
  3. Did rescan, and the resolve at the playlist library and folder library an ind. playlist and "missing entry" still remains.

22 minutes ago, JohnnySapphire said:
  1. Deleted one of those song files from the phone itself.

In PA, using the Delete Song feature in a folder or album view for example? Or in PA in the Playlist view (where you can select Remove from Playlist AND delete file at once)

Andre

Archived