Unstable Bluetooth after Android v 9.0 upgrade when using Poweramp

Bobl457

Hey there! 

A possible solution to anyone's problem with Bluetooth drop outs might be to go into your settings in the phone and reset the Bluetooth/Wifi options and reset the Bluetooth settings, I'm not saying it's a 110% effective solution but if you haven't tried it yet it wouldn't hurt to try it you just have to re-pair any Bluetooth devices 

I do hope it helps though if not sorry that's all I can think to try.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2019 at 2:15 AM, PickleRick64 said:

Hey there! 

A possible solution to anyone's problem with Bluetooth drop outs might be to go into your settings in the phone and reset the Bluetooth/Wifi options and reset the Bluetooth settings, I'm not saying it's a 110% effective solution but if you haven't tried it yet it wouldn't hurt to try it you just have to re-pair any Bluetooth devices 

I do hope it helps though if not sorry that's all I can think to try.

Thanks for your suggestion but I have already tried. Furthermore I tried factory settings also. 

• 1 month later...

Enabled AVRCP 1.3 and worked. But when you stop the car the Bluetooth again starts to connect and disconnect constantly.

only helps deleting cache and app memory, but only until you stop the car player.

running android 9 on a Motorola motog6+ and a royota rav4 2019. Was running perfect with, seat leon 2017, Mercedes Benz v220d 2017, vw caddy 2008 with a  Chinese 8" screen audio system....

unninstalled Poweramp and switched to mediamonkey...a shame....

10 hours ago, Ksink said:

Enabled AVRCP 1.3 and worked. But when you stop the car the Bluetooth again starts to connect and disconnect constantly.

only helps deleting cache and app memory, but only until you stop the car player.

running android 9 on a Motorola motog6+ and a royota rav4 2019. Was running perfect with, seat leon 2017, Mercedes Benz v220d 2017, vw caddy 2008 with a  Chinese 8" screen audio system....

unninstalled Poweramp and switched to mediamonkey...a shame....

What do you mean here? If you turn the ignition off then BT should not be connecting/connected at all as there's no power to it. And any connecting/disconnecting is to do with your phone and/or the BT device you have in your car. PA and other 'apps' just use the BT connection as negotiated between the phone and car stereo.

+1 here... Bluetooth works fine with every app, but Poweramp. It simple turn off the headset and I'm forced to go to app settings and clean data and cache (the same as reinstalling the app). It's annoying... It's always happens and happens only with Poweramp...

Edifier W200BT SE
Xiaomi Mi5
LineAge OS 16.0 (Android 9)

@Undeon Disable (in Poweramp Settings / Audio / Direct Volume Control / No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume). This option works fine for all devices on stock ROMs, but for modified ROMs (specifically, modified Bluetooth app as bluetooth stack is a separate app on Android) it may cause issues as you're describing.

24 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Undeon Disable (in Poweramp Settings / Audio / Direct Volume Control / No DVC for Bluetooth Absolute Volume). This option works fine for all devices on stock ROMs, but for modified ROMs (specifically, modified Bluetooth app as bluetooth stack is a separate app on Android) it may cause issues as you're describing.

I have stock rom (Xiaomi MI A3) and your solution is not solve the problem. 

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I have the same bluetooth-problem with fairphone 3 and Tesla Model 3. All the solutions in this forum did not solve the problem.

When I deinstall Poweramp the problem is gone. But I still want to use Poweramp.

Any ideas?

Hi Ahmet,

thanks for your reply.

I do not get it. Every other music-app is working perfectly with the car. The moment I install Poweramp the connection breaks down - the phone is unable to connect with the car. After I uninstall Poweramp everthing works fine again.

I checked every possible solution in this forum and other websides - nothing worked.

I really like your app but I do not understand your answer "then it's not directly related to Poweramp". That is one very easy way out ... but this way do not support your customers!

54 minutes ago, Mikl said:

Hi Ahmet,

thanks for your reply.

I do not get it. Every other music-app is working perfectly with the car. The moment I install Poweramp the connection breaks down - the phone is unable to connect with the car. After I uninstall Poweramp everthing works fine again.

I checked every possible solution in this forum and other websides - nothing worked.

I really like your app but I do not understand your answer "then it's not directly related to Poweramp". That is one very easy way out ... but this way do not support your customers!

You are absolutely right. We have paid in order to use this application but we cannot. 

Anyways I have changed to another application to play music. There is no problem with the new one. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 8/5/2020 at 3:15, Mikl said:

Hola Ahmet,

gracias por su respuesta.

No lo entiendo. Todas las demás aplicaciones de música funcionan perfectamente con el coche. En el momento en que instalo Poweramp, la conexión se interrumpe: el teléfono no puede conectarse con el automóvil. Después de desinstalar Poweramp, todo funciona bien de nuevo.

Revisé todas las soluciones posibles en este foro y en otras páginas web; nada funcionó.

Realmente me gusta su aplicación pero no entiendo su respuesta "entonces no está directamente relacionada con Poweramp". Esa es una salida muy fácil ... ¡pero de esta manera no apoyará a sus clientes!

I agree in the same way, I have the same problem,

Poweramp team we request a solution

On 11/27/2020 at 6:09 AM, maxmp said:

Disable ‘No dvc for absolute volume’ option in Poweramp. Your rom is partially incompatible (OEM modified bt stack) with Android in this regard.

I already tried and it did not work

• 1 year later...

Same issue to me.

On 5/8/2020 at 1:22 PM, andrewilley said:

@Mikl @Ahmet Burak -- So do you both seem to have the same problem - that the very fact of installing Poweramp at all (but not even running it) breaks your general Bluetooth connection for alll apps/devices?

Andre

@Miki @Ahmet Burak please can you reply to @andrewilley?

@andrewilley I think bluetooth breakdown is specific to that devices (cars) for all apps (not for all devices - car), as it does for me too.

Poweramp Full build 939

Oneplus 3T

Oxygen OS 9.0.6 (Android 9)

Ford Fiesta m.y. 2018

As a workaround to connection breakdown, I disabled the Poweramp service and notification keeping, so I can use my smartphone bluetooth in my car with other apps without uninstalling Poweramp.

I just reverted to AVRCP 1.3 and disabled 'No dvc for absolute volume’ option. I will try. Thanks.