Bug with "Start playing queue immediately

christmw2503

11 hours ago, christmw2503 said:

If I disable the option "Start playing queue immediately" and I add a track to the queue, that track will start to play immediately, meaning that the option seems not be working.

Are you playing while you add to the queue ? It's implied that you're currently playing - "immediately" then should abort the playing and switch to the queue. If you're not playing anything the queue should start irrespective of the "Start playing queue immediately" switch.

35 minutes ago, blaubär said:

. If you're not playing anything the queue should start irrespective of the "Start playing queue immediately" switch.

No, playback is not active then queuing an item (assuming the 'Immediate' setting is active) will set the new song as the current selection in the Player Screen, but it will not start playback until you press the Play button.

However in this case, the OP seems to be reporting that whether or not the 'Start Playing Queue Immediately' mode is enabled, his system was behaving as though it was enabled and starting the queued item straight away rather than waiting until the end of the current track. I can't reproduce this in 826 though.

Andre

14 hours ago, andrewilley said:

However in this case, the OP seems to be reporting that whether or not the 'Start Playing Queue Immediately' mode is enabled, his system was behaving as though it was enabled and starting the queued item straight away rather than waiting until the end of the current track. I can't reproduce this in 826 though.

Having "Always Clear on Add" enabled was what causing my issue. I've disabled it, now the queued song plays only after the current one is finished.

1 hour ago, christmw2503 said:

Having "Always Clear on Add" enabled was what causing my issue. I've disabled it, now the queued song plays only after the current one is finished.

If I enable that mode I see the same problem, queued songs always start immediately rather than after the end of the current track. If enabled, it also auto-starts playback as soon as a song is enqueued, even when PA was not already playing, which is not the normal behaviour (although perhaps it should be when Immediate Play has been enabled?).

Andre

• 8 months later...

Archived