Songs changing in delay after the 'big' new update

AudiOw

LG G5 user of the paid Poweramp. Ever since my phone autoupdated to the newest version of Poweramp (the one about a month ago which came with a new design and a new way of fastforwarding playing music), when I attempt to change from one playing song to another, it does so in delay of several seconds. Trying to quit the app doesn't help and it still requires those seconds delay before it executes the action.

What can I do? And if nothing can be done, can I just please return to the old version?

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Check the Settings > Audio > Output section to see if the buffer is too large, and also disable any crossfade/pre-load settings as that could cause such a delay.

Andre

13 hours ago, maxmp said:

@AudiOw looks like abnormal buffer size. What is the buffer size in ms (shown in Audio Info dialog - long press on bottom "meta" info line in main player screen)?

Buffer Size under 'Chromecast' is 1500ms, Manual Track Change Fading under 'Crossfade, Fade, Gapless' is Short Crossfade, Fade Play/Pause/Stop is ticked, Fade on Seek is ticked, Crossfade Length is 5000ms.

5 hours ago, AudiOw said:

Buffer Size under 'Chromecast' is 1500ms,

Unless you are using Chromecast, that one is not relevant. Check the buffer setting in the output option you are using (Settings > Audio > Output and then choose your output method and tap the cogwheel icon)

Andre

@AudiOw check actual buffering (== latency) in Audio Info dialog. Poweramp reads this value from Android audio subsystem. Some devices have very large buffer for hi-res output, though, Poweramp tries to workaround that anyway and generally you shouldn't have more than, saying, 200-300-400ms between >> press and track playback.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Unless you are using Chromecast, that one is not relevant. Check the buffer setting in the output option you are using (Settings > Audio > Output and then choose your output method and tap the cogwheel icon)

Andre

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

@AudiOw check actual buffering (== latency) in Audio Info dialog. Poweramp reads this value from Android audio subsystem. Some devices have very large buffer for hi-res output, though, Poweramp tries to workaround that anyway and generally you shouldn't have more than, saying, 200-300-400ms between >> press and track playback.

Looks like it's set on 'Normal, 50ms x 2'.

There is also a Latency value, which is read from audiosystem. That may be too large - though lg g 3, 4, 6, 7 have no such issue nor other reports like this exist, so it should be unique to your device.

I don’t think anything in Poweramp itself may lag so much. If this happens for sd card songs, try to move few songs to internal storage and check if it works better from there.

6 hours ago, maxmp said:

There is also a Latency value, which is read from audiosystem. That may be too large - though lg g 3, 4, 6, 7 have no such issue nor other reports like this exist, so it should be unique to your device.

I don’t think anything in Poweramp itself may lag so much. If this happens for sd card songs, try to move few songs to internal storage and check if it works better from there.

Still, it started only after the update. Is it possible to install the older version?

Archived