Sort by year AND track number or sort albums by year

billybag

It would be really great if you can have a secondary sort rule. My preferred method of listening to an artist is chronological order. Currently, in Poweramp, when I order by year, it puts the albums in chronological order, but each album's tracks are put in alphabetical order rather than by track number. Which is stupid. What I propose is ordering albums by date rather than songs by date-which is what I assume is happening now.

To clarify: I want to be able to click on an artist and easily play the first track of their first album all the way through their last track of their last album with little mediation by me. Listened as intended.

11 hours ago, billybag said:

Currently, in Poweramp, when I order by year, it puts the albums in chronological order, but each album's tracks are put in alphabetical order rather than by track number.

If you want to listen to an artist's albums, the albums ordered by year, the songs by track number, start via Library > Artist, choose List Options > Sort > By Year, then choose the first album, there choose List Options > Sort > By track#, then start playing the first song. The player should switch to the main playing screen, there set repeat ( second button from the right beneath the album art, long press or multiple taps ) to "Advance List" and shuffle ( first button on the right ) to "Shuffle Off".

As @blaubär says, there are separate List Option controls for the higher sorting levels vs the songs level list. The song-level sorting order can be changed independently for each library category too. For example songs can be set to be sorted by filename when you are using Folders view, but sorted by Track# when in Albums mode.

Andre

Archived