Headset buttons

ace05hun

Hi

Last week i switched to samsung galaxy note 9 from xiaomi redmi note  4x. My problem is, i have a hedset that has 3 buttons. On the xiaomi phone you can set the 1. and the 3. button to volume up/down or next/previus song. This function is missing from samsung and i cant find an app that do this. Right now i can change the volume with thoose button, i think this is default. So Max, can you implement this to Poweramp? I bought the app long time ago. THX

I've only ever been able to solve that problem fully via rooting my device. One issue is separating the sensing of the headset buttons from the device volume buttons, which is still a complication. You used to be able to just edit the generic.kl keymapping file (which is how you are meant to change that sort of thing) but Samsung broke that control somewhere around their Marshmallow release (it worked fine up to Lollipop). I'm getting a Pie device shortly (by Note 3 finally died :(, so I'll have to work out a solution myself too, not sure whether I'll need to root or whether any of the Play Store apps will work on Pie, time will tell.

Andre

Archived