Save list view options per screen

Not sure if this is already requested. Did a search but couldn't find something similar so therefore this request.

In list view every line of info whether it is on artist, album or song level shows a picture in front of the Infoline. Since this takes space, in some screens I prefer the compact list view, while in other screens I prefer the normal list or grid view. Now I can only select one setting for every list screen. It would be great if Poweramp is able to set a different view per screen.

For example; the artist listview is displayed in grid while the album's are displayed in list - small and the songs are displayed in list - compact mode.

It would also be nice to have a view option with just text added to the list view settings so for example at song level within folder hierarchy a user can choose to just display the song titles without any image displayed. For me personally this would be logic since an album has art, but a song doesn't.

Thnx!

The List Options settings are already individual for each library category, and also for the songs list within each category. You can set different styles for Albums, Artists, Folders, Playlists, etc.

A pure text list view has been requested by a lot of people (I'd like it too) but I know Max mentioned there would be complications doing that because the artwork thumnail area is also used for the tlckboxes in multi-selections.

Andre

58 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

A pure text list view has been requested by a lot of people (I'd like it too) but I know Max mentioned there would be complications doing that because the artwork thumnail area is also used for the tlckboxes in multi-selections.

Andre

Thnx for your reply and info Andre. I guess I should have been more specific. Not sure if this is Build 824 specific. I use folder hierarchy mode most of the time. I sometimes can set list view mode for the first level separately from deeper folders. That isn't possible for folders deeper within the hierarchy. My folder hierarchy looks like:

Music/Artist/Albums/songs.mp3

For example I can't set grid for album's and list for songs. Also, I say sometimes because quite randomly everything  turnsback to the settings last chosen for every level of folders.

No, you wouldn't be able to set different views for different Hierarchy Folder drill-down levels, as there could be one or ten levels on subfolder so how would PA know what to apply to each? You can set a different view/sort when you get to the bottom files level though. 

Andre

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, you wouldn't be able to set different views for different Hierarchy Folder drill-down levels, as there could be one or ten levels on subfolder so how would PA know what to apply to each? You can set a different view/sort when you get to the bottom files level though. 

Andre

My knowledge of programming is close to zero, but good to know it's not possible at this moment and it's not just me being stupid 🙂

Perhaps @maxmp is able to add this feature for viewing up to a logical/mainstream way of organising a music library. Poweramp is probably aware of how deep it is in a folder structure so it should be able to program it in a way that at certain levels the user is able to set the preferred listview. Up to 5 levels deep is probably enough for the majority of users.

41 minutes ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

Perhaps @maxmp is able to add this feature for viewing up to a logical/mainstream way of organising a music library. 

The problem is that the whole point of folders is so you can organise things just the way you want, in any structure you want. Unless List Options could be set for every separate folder, rather than per subdirectory level, I can't see how it could cope with a completely varied directory structure. e.g. just in my songs folders (never mind my folders for TV, Films, Shows, Radio, Podcasts, Theme Parks, etc) I have some artists where I only have one album so the songs are just one layer deep, others with several albums so there are two layers, and others with dozens of albums which also have separate Studio, Live, Demos folders before getting down to the albums level, so three layers down.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

The problem is that the whole point of folders is so you can organise things just the way you want, in any structure you want. Unless List Options could be set for every separate folder, rather than per subdirectory level, I can't see how it could cope with a completely varied directory structure. 

I get what you're saying and perhaps the way the majority uses folder hierarchy isn't as predictable as I think it is. Being able to set the view per folder would solve this but will probably make the database big and slow. I'm with you that the point of folder view is that you can organise things the way you want. Just saying it would be nice if there is a way to organise how you view the folders the way you want as well. Having the ability to save the view settings per level would be helpful to some, but maybe there isn't an ideal way to fix this.

Archived