Poweramp Build 826

maxmp

I posted a log in the topic I linked above, but here goes another one I just collected:

==================
11:18:21.737 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_NEXT ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=458917983 playerState=1
==================
11:18:23.624 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=458919870 playerState=1
==================
11:18:25.538 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=458921785 playerState=1
==================
11:18:30.253 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_NEXT ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=458926501 playerState=1
==================
11:18:33.505 PSMediaButtonReceiver android.intent.action.MEDIA_BUTTON
KEYCODE_MEDIA_PREVIOUS ACTION_DOWN name=Virtual source=0x0 sources=0x301 virt=true repeat=0 actionTime=458929752 playerState=1
==================
11:18:40.625 PlayerService TOGGLE_PLAY_PAUSE
from NotificationHelperViaBuilder pausePlaying

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, zamuz said:

I posted a log in the topic I linked above, but here goes another one I just collected:

I think I mentioned in the other thread that your app seems to be sending key DOWN events, but not the associated key UP event that should follow very shortly afterwards.

Andre

5 minutes ago, zamuz said:

It's not my app. I just really want it to work and the developer hasn't addressed this issue either, so I'm putting eggs in all the baskets.

I didn't say you wrote the app, I was meaning that it was the app that you are using.

Andre

Hi there, 

It probably has to do with my settings, but I just rescanned my library after adding a new album and in folder hierarchy view Poweramp now shows the enitre folder structure as tekst in stead of just the name of the last folder as it used to do in previous builds. I tried to see if I can change this in settings but can't find it. 

So I have the following structure: music/artist/year - album/songs

I have PA setup to start in folder hierarchy mode within the music folder. PA alwas displayed just the last folder name as text besides the folder picture. So for example it would just show the band name Circus Maximus. 

After the update and a rescan of the lbrary it now shows: Samsung SD-kaart/Music/Circus Maximus as text.

This makes scrolling through the artists folder a pain since most of the time the artist name doesn't fit the screen.  

I am having the same isssue.  Previously it would show just the name of the folder and then song.  For example Untouchable/Song.mp3.  Now it shows SDCARD/UNTOUCHABLE/song.mp3.  which makes the folder path longer and cuts off on my phone.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I am having the same isssue.  Previously it would show just the name of the folder and then song.  For example Untouchable/Song.mp3.  Now it shows SDCARD/UNTOUCHABLE/song.mp3.  which makes the folder path longer and cuts off on my phone.

Could you provide a screenshot ?

As far as I can see, any folders which are at the level you had defined as the master root level for your music collection will show the full path. However for any folders that are nested below that level, you only see one level of containing folder. I can't remember if this functionality has changed recently though. The former behaviour (i.e. showing full path) ought to be the default as just showing the next level up folder does not really identify where in the tree you are.

[Edit: try build 827, Max has just added a new control option which may help you]

Andre

2 hours ago, blaubär said:

There seems to be a new option in build 827

new Short folder names option for Folders/Folders Hierarchy
Via menu / List Options. When enabled, short folder names are shown instead of full root paths 

New option in latest build fixes this! Max can foresee the future apparently 😂

Thnx for the replies people. It's appreciated!

3 hours ago, Mr. Make Believe said:

New option in latest build fixes this! Max can foresee the future apparently 😂

Thnx for the replies people. It's appreciated!

Thank you.  The new build fixed the issue with shorter folder names option.

new Short folder names option for Folders/Folders Hierarchy
Via menu / List Options. When enabled, short folder names are shown instead of full root paths 

Sorry if I'm a donkey but i can't find it. Where is this option?

Thanks

10 minutes ago, soundsample said:

Sorry if I'm a donkey but i can't find it. Where is this option?

Thanks

Download build 827.  Then when you go into the options where you select and see all your folders.... then you click the list options and it appears there.   

Oneplus 6 Pie 9.0.3

Well, after a check in my opinion ther is somethins not too much clear about displaying of folder names:

Internal memory/1

/2

/3

Short folder names in Folders Hirarchy becomes:

And it is ok

Now I enter into 1 and I see Internal memory/1 again....

Not so logical

And again, in Folder displaying I can't see any difference with Short folder names checkd or not but the strange thing is that folders with other folders inside are displayed with their name and nothing else before. Folders with song inside and not other folders that contain songs are displayed with Internal memory/1... (whole pathname).

Not so clear? Sorry. I try to do the best with my english...

32 minutes ago, soundsample said:

I'm not too clear how this is meant to work either, I don't actually see any difference between having the mode turned on or off. Whichever way I set it, I see two variants displayed in my Folders list view:

• For any folders which are at the highest level of my master music folders directory, I see the folder name in bold (e.g. TV, Films, Radio, or Songs) with the full path shown under it in smaller text (such as /storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders ) .
  • For any folders which are already nested inside other higher folders, I see just the bold folder name (e.g. for my films folder, that might be things like James Bond, Disney, or Back to the Future ) and one single folder name displayed underneath in smaller text (in the above cases, simply Films with no other path info, or if the folder is nested deeper then I see the last containing level).

This layout does not change whatever I set the new option to, and the same information is displayed at the top of the header area if I open any of those folders (i.e. the 'music root level' ones show the full path, the lower nested ones do not).

Andre

18 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I'm not too clear how this is meant to work either, I don't actually see any difference between having the mode turned on or off. Whichever way I set it, I see two variants displayed in my Folders list view:

• For any folders which are at the highest level of my master music folders directory, I see the folder name in bold (e.g. TV, Films, Radio, or Songs) with the full path shown under it in smaller text (such as /storage/extSdCard/MusicFolders ) .
  • For any folders which are already nested inside other higher folders, I see just the bold folder name (e.g. for my films folder, that might be things like James Bond, Disney, or Back to the Future ) and one single folder name displayed underneath in smaller text (in the above cases, simply Films with no other path info, or if the folder is nested deeper then I see the last containing level).

This layout does not change whatever I set the new option to, and the same information is displayed at the top of the header area if I open any of those folders (i.e. the 'music root level' ones show the full path, the lower nested ones do not).

Andre

It took a moment to correctly understand but it is what I meant. Maybe something buggy? Let's wait if Max tells us something...

Thank you

Archived