Poweramp Build 826

maxmp

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Library / Playlists / Resolve Playlist Entries

Can anyone else confirm is this is working for them as far as moving a song to a new location and it updating the playlist entry for that song to the new location automatically?

Whenever i move the song, the playlist entry remains, but never get re-linked after i do "Rescan / Resolve Playlists" or the "Rescan" options. Just receive a "Failed to play file! Missing Entry" message when trying to play the song.

40 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Mr. Make Believe I don't think I can reproduce that. Also nothing was changed in that regard. Do you have some custom skin?

Had a busy day I guess. Could have thought about that. I used to have the cast button in the menu before which I prefered but the skin was updated last week so it probably has to do with that. Sorry to bother you. Thnx!

On 4/23/2019 at 6:26 PM, JohnnySapphire said:

Can anyone else confirm is this is working for them as far as moving a song to a new location and it updating the playlist entry for that song to the new location automatically?

Whenever i move the song, the playlist entry remains, but never get re-linked after i do "Rescan / Resolve Playlists" or the "Rescan" options. Just receive a "Failed to play file! Missing Entry" message when trying to play the song.

Poweramp still requires "last folder/file name" to match song. If you move song to other folder it won't be resolved. And it makes no sense to resolve songs by just file name (for example, I got hundreds of different "01 Track.mp3" and so in my test 100gb collection ).

It will properly resolve if e.g. root folder or anything in path up to last folder is changed (that may frequently happen on Q, but also can happen e.g. during Android/ROM update, etc.).

On 4/23/2019 at 6:22 AM, Panda Patético said:

Today only i got update in my PS just noticed a change in PA Icon. Is it due to new ps terms and conditions?

Play now has new icon requirements, and (not yet updated) Play app will show ugly rectangle icon. But this doesn't affect actuallapp icon (in launcher).

On 4/23/2019 at 5:27 PM, 7OH said:

Thans for copy of ADB string for long press handling.

May I ask You - why not require it in manifest ? Or it for test period ?

This permission is "semi-official" (it exists, it works, but it's not documented in any way) and it's not possible to request it via manifest (for non-system app).

Question. Is the long press to change track supposed to work while screen is on? It's kind of annoying. Be nice if there was an option. There's an app I have that enables this feature for all media players and gives an option for only being active with screen off but for some reason Poweramp is the only one I have experienced that it doesn't work with.

don't know if it's fixed or not in the 826 build but has anyone noticed the last few builds that at the beginning of some songs there's a glitch in the mp3 file?  I"m on shuffle when i notice it.   makes me think my mp3's are corrupted but when going back and listening to the same songs again it's fine.  And fine on the computer.   

1 hour ago, loop said:

playlist duration is cool and nice, but what about album duration?

Personally, now that the code is there, I'd like to see that info shown for every category's song list - even All Songs (now that would be a fascinating number!).

There's a nice big empty space between the 'Select' button and the three-dots icon in the header area at the top of every songs list, and I think that would be a great place to display the total number of tracks in the current list and its total running time.

Andre

Archived