Classic v3-alpha skin possible?

I've been a Poweramp fan since v2, and I loved the Dark Metallic skin for v2 by iKorolkov.  However, I absolutely HATE the new design with a fiery passion, I'm still using alpha-build-709 because the new look pisses me off so much.

So what are the chances I can get a classic layout like v3 alpha with skins to give me a skeuomorphic appearance that utilize the classic layout?  I really want iKorolkov's Dark Metallic skin back with the v3-alpha layout, and all the v3-official under-the-hood improvements.  If I can't get a look & feel I like, I'll switch to PlayerPro and demand a refund for Poweramp, because this is NOT what I paid for.

A skin can only change the appearance, location, colours, etc of the visual elements. It cannot affect operational functionality or the general Material Design manner in which you use the app. I'm not sure if that's all you want though; if you want Poweramp to behave operationally like v2 (or alpha build 709) then that is not going to happen I'm afraid.

However please feel free to continue to use the Poweramp v2 which you paid for (see https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/16240-how-to-continue-using-poweramp-v2-rather-than-the-newer-v3/ ) or use build 709 if you prefer that.

Andre

Then why not add enhancements, like milkdrop visualizations, hi-res audio output, and volume ducking for short audio focus changes to PA v2 as well.  I prefer a software experience that provides the improved functionality included in v3, and the cleaner, better optimized screenspace of v2 or v3-alpha, and the ability to receive future updates as well.

44 minutes ago, DevilSlayerDante said:

Then why not add enhancements, like milkdrop visualizations, hi-res audio output, and volume ducking for short audio focus changes to PA v2 as well. 

Sorry, but PA v2 is now a legacy product, mainly aimed at users of Android 4.4.x KitKat and below (which do not support the Material Design elements that were implemented and recommended by Google from Lollipop onward). There will be no further development on PA v2, as v3 is the current official release version of the product and most of the code was re-built from the ground up.

I know that isn't what want to hear, but the nearest thing you can get to the best of both worlds is build 709, which was designed to initially test the new audio engine and a few other things before work on the new user interface was completed. However many people found it pretty stable for an alpha release.

Andre

Archived