Volume returns back to 0 when on Bluetooth

atinp1116

This is my first post and this has been pissing me off so much, I had to create an account. Everytime I am starting up the Poweramp app, my system volume is reset back to 0. I am using Bluetooth Taotronics BH-16 earbuds and Galaxy S9+ if that helps. Is this a bug or is there a hidden setting I need to check off? 

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, atinp1116 said:

Similar thing happened to this person.

That person had issues with DVC/lowered gain levels on a Samsung 9.0 Pie device (which is covered in a number of threads, and is a Samsung ROM issue) and also the output device being misnamed. The mis-naming issue is a problem usually experienced when you are outputting using the experimental high-res audio feature (or possibly the increased step volume settings). Try turning both of those off (start with resetting Audio Output to defaults).

They did not however experience the system volume level being set to zero when they start the app. A few other people have noted the zero-volume issue though, mostly described as happening when they try to adjust the volume and they find it jumps back to zero first. In your case, this is happening every time you start the app though, yes? It would be worth trying a clean start and see if the problem persists (uninstall the app and re-install, or clear data in Android app management. You might also try deleting the data folder /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ too between installs). If you have any PA playlists that you need to keep, please export them first though.

Andre

I can reproduce this issue sometimes, but unfortunately, this is system/ROM which sets that volume (it's not always zero, it's some previously stored value for the given device/output). Poweramp should follow the system value, and it does.

4 minutes ago, maxmp said:

I can reproduce this issue sometimes, but unfortunately, this is system/ROM which sets that volume (it's not always zero, it's some previously stored value for the given device/output). Poweramp should follow the system value, and it does.

You say this, but I regularly see Poweramp volume at zero but media volume 100% (where it should be).

2 hours ago, maxmp said:

@superluig164 can you give a bit more details about scenarios when volume is not in sync (e.g. right after BT connection, or may be later when Poweramp is just started, etc.)? Thanks!

I have noticed it right after Bluetooth connectivity but it also happens right after connecting wired headphones and sometimes randomly.

21 hours ago, andrewilley said:

That person had issues with DVC/lowered gain levels on a Samsung 9.0 Pie device (which is covered in a number of threads, and is a Samsung ROM issue) and also the output device being misnamed. The mis-naming issue is a problem usually experienced when you are outputting using the experimental high-res audio feature (or possibly the increased step volume settings). Try turning both of those off (start with resetting Audio Output to defaults).

They did not however experience the system volume level being set to zero when they start the app. A few other people have noted the zero-volume issue though, mostly described as happening when they try to adjust the volume and they find it jumps back to zero first. In your case, this is happening every time you start the app though, yes? It would be worth trying a clean start and see if the problem persists (uninstall the app and re-install, or clear data in Android app management. You might also try deleting the data folder /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/ too between installs). If you have any PA playlists that you need to keep, please export them first though.

Andre

Unfortunately none of that worked and I had to redownload all the album art all over again. Was tedious as hell, but I think this is a fixable issue. We just need an update that has the app detect Bluetooth devices as BLUETOOTH and not Chromecast

I double check and found this to happen on my device when volume levels was set to 30. 
Setting this back to system default solve this issue. 
Test a few times and any level other than system default will create this issue. 

Archived