No new album art only on Artists tab

cal79

Paid user new to Poweramp as of a few weeks ago, coming over from Rocket Player. Added a few albums today, Download Album Art is enabled. 2/5 albums don't show art, but only in the Artists view. Yet the album art is showing in all other views. Rescan didn't help. What am I doing wrong, or not doing??

PS and if it matters: all my music is ripped from my CD collection using fre:ac. All of my legacy art was manually downloaded. I don't know if Poweramp picked up its art from that folder or downloaded it from the internet.

PA will have downloaded new art from the internet (which you can update by long-pressing on the artwork in the player screen, or the song title in the library view, and tapping Album Art). It is also possible use use in-folder images if you wish. Embedded artwork inside the actual music files is the best way to force the result you want though. There is some more information here: http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323535-how-album-art-for-a-track-is-selected

Andre

Thank you and I apologize, but I'm still confused. See the three pics in the zip file as an example of art not showing up in the Artists view but actually showing up when drilling in.

This is from a Pantera CD rip on my PC, copied to my phone. No album art in my in-folder files. So PA found and applied the art everywhere expected except the one spot. Is this expected behavior? Just seems odd to me that the same one global image file would not be applied everywhere where it made sense (?) 

Thanks for your patience with what is hopefully not too dumb a question :)

wvjTNO.zip

Go into the Artist view for Pantera, then tap on the three-dots icon and select "Image". You can then choose artwork. If nothing suitable is found and displayed, you can choose an image from your Gallery instead. It works in much the same way as selecting Track artwork.

Andre

Archived