couple things I can't figure out. widget/folder structure

JDS

So, I've been with the paid version for years and I do like the new version but there's a couple of things I just cannot figure out.

Firstly, before, when my screen went to sleep (or I turned it off) while listening, there would always be a widget there when I hit the power button once. I used this a lot! Now I can't find the setting to make that happen.

Secondly, when I'm listening to a playlist and I want to pick a different song out of the same playlist, I have to tap the little icon bottom right with 4 little squares and that just takes me back to Library, or sometimes all songs. So, I have to dig back to find the playlist again. Shouldn't there be an easier way to just stay within the playlist I picked?

Am I missing some settings?

Moto Z2 Force Oreo 8.0

2 hours ago, JDS said:

Firstly, before, when my screen went to sleep (or I turned it off) while listening, there would always be a widget there when I hit the power button once. I used this a lot! Now I can't find the setting to make that happen.

I'm on Android 7.0 and it shows just as before, check Settings > Lockscreen this might be Oreo specific.

2 hours ago, JDS said:

Secondly, when I'm listening to a playlist and I want to pick a different song out of the same playlist, I have to tap the little icon bottom right with 4 little squares and that just takes me back to Library, or sometimes all songs. So, I have to dig back to find the playlist again. Shouldn't there be an easier way to just stay within the playlist I picked?

What happens if you swipe down, or tap on the cover art?

On 4/12/2019 at 11:30 PM, djdarko said:

I'm on Android 7.0 and it shows just as before, check Settings > Lockscreen this might be Oreo specific.

I have the lockscreen turned on, but it doesn't show up :(

What happens if you swipe down, or tap on the cover art?

Well, duh me... I did not know I could do that, thanks!

Archived