Jump to content
Poweramp
FewPhone

Poco F1: HD audio no longer working

Recommended Posts

Hi. I have a Pocophone F1, fully stock ROM, Miui version 10.2.3.0. 

A few weeks ago (one month?), I bought Poweramp after testing it, and I found it could play HD audio in my phone. 

It supported 44.1, 48, 96, 192 and I'm not sure if it could play at 384kHz. Of course, when selecting that frequencies, the actual frequency was the choosed one. And choosing others, like 176,4 kHz were not working and I got no sound. 

But recently I found that it doesn't matter what frequency do I choose, I always get sound, and it says it's actually reproducing 16/48. 

I've tried deleting the app and preferences and installing release 820, 815, and the current 823 and always same result.

Do anyone know if it's a Poweramp bug or if it's something Miui related?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have same F1 on my desk with same MIUI and Poweramp build 823 plays @ 192khz/24-bit just fine (wired headset) + DVC is fully supported. 384khz seems to work too, but F1 mixer gives ~12db lower volume at this frequency, so 192khz is recommended.

Please use Restore Defaults (bottom of e.g. Wired Headset/AUX in Audio / Output / Hi-Res Output) to restore proper defaults - which are correct and tuned for F1.

If you use some other output device (e.g. BT or USB DAC) please let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maxmp said:

I have same F1 on my desk with same MIUI and Poweramp build 823 plays @ 192khz/24-bit just fine (wired headset) + DVC is fully supported. 384khz seems to work too, but F1 mixer gives ~12db lower volume at this frequency, so 192khz is recommended.

Please use Restore Defaults (bottom of e.g. Wired Headset/AUX in Audio / Output / Hi-Res Output) to restore proper defaults - which are correct and tuned for F1.

If you use some other output device (e.g. BT or USB DAC) please let me know.

Thanks for your answer. 

My phone is in Spanish, so maybe i'm not translating correctly what it's written in the menus:

Audio engine>output>reset default

Audio engine>output>high resolution output>reset default

Audio engine>output>high resolution output>gear icon on headphones/aux>reset default

then, turn on hi res output switch for the wired headphones. Problem persist: selected 192 kHz, using 48 kHz.

As I said, I uninstalled the app and reinstalled again, different versions, not importing the config file, and the problem was not solved. 

I always use wired headphones (mi hybrid). Only once I used bluetooth in a car. Never USB dac.

AFAIK, it is using DVC, as the option "without DVC" is disabled by default and I keep it disabled. Anyway, I have restored defaults... 

I tried changing the phone region from Spain to Taiwan (JIC it is related with EU volume limit) but not solved. Anyway, I knew it wasn't the reason, because I tested that when it still worked properly. For sure, I have rebooted the phone many times :)

Do you need more info? Just tell me and I will try, but I'm not root. 

Edit: I have exported current setting, delete all data, open the app again, and the problem persists. But now I have lost the backup (as I should have expected...🤦‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Audio engine>output>reset default" is enough (it resets each output).

What is exactly your firmware?

How do you check if hi-res doesn't work? Audio Info dialog (long press on main screen meta info below seekbar opens Audio Info) shows complete information.

Do you have any 3rd party audio tweaks/equalizers/ROM tweaks installed?

device-2019-04-12-190840.png device-2019-04-12-190911.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, maxmp said:

"Audio engine>output>reset default" is enough (it resets each output).

What is exactly your firmware?

How do you check if hi-res doesn't work? Audio Info dialog (long press on main screen meta info below seekbar opens Audio Info) shows complete information.

Do you have any 3rd party audio tweaks/equalizers/ROM tweaks installed?

device-2019-04-12-190840.png device-2019-04-12-190911.png

@maxmp

The firmware is exactly the same as yours. Everything is exactly the same but the internal storage available. My POCO is non root, just updated as I bought it. And, as I said, I could listen actual HD audio with it a weeks ago. Since then... I think I haven't installed any soft or tweak. Even more, I don't like equalizers. I have "mi sound enhancer" disabled, JIC. 

I have no audio software installed. Just apps like whatsapp, linkedin, dropbox, netflix... nothing specially related with audio or any tweak, in general.  

Is there any way to check if any app is messing with the audio, like doing a bypass or something like that?

 

Screenshot_2019-04-12-19-23-08-559_com.maxmpz.audioplayer.thumb.png.59a563b477c84a369e006d702c631e09.png 

This is a 24/96 track. I heard it in the past at 24/96, or resampled to 192 or 384 without any issue. And it was actually 192 or 384. 

But now, as you see, it says 16/48... And I have just reset the audio output setting (once again) and then, I have chosen HD output for the headphones. 

 

Maybe it's a stupid question and I should have asked this before: does it matter if I play the music from the SD card instead of the internal memory? Edit: just tried. Same issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@FewPhone no, as I can't reproduce it on same device. You may try to extract LogCat from the device from the moment you start Poweramp (kill it and start it). This may reveal some error message, but it's close to impossible to debug such issues without the affected device on hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp Im also having the same issue as @FewPhone Im using the latest v3 build. It says selected: 192 kHz, but using 48kHz. Can this issue be solved? Im using miui 10.3.4 stable global rom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RajDaBest12 said:

@maxmp Im also having the same issue as @FewPhone Im using the latest v3 build. It says selected: 192 kHz, but using 48kHz. Can this issue be solved? Im using miui 10.3.4 stable global rom.

Thank you for supporting me. I was starting to think I was fool. 

Now, I'm also using Miui 10.3.4.0 and I can confirm the issue persist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@maxmp Thanks for your reply, but it doesn’t answer my question.

Poweramp might be able to support up to 192kHz with DVC and up to 384kHz without DVC on the Poco F1, as you mention, but does the internal, built-in DAC (audio hardware) of Poco F1 support these Hi-res sampling frequencies also ?

The audio chain is only as strong as its weakest link:

Audio file -> Poweramp -> Pocophone F1 -> 3,5 inch Wired headset

Every part of this chain has to be great. No use of a great Poweramp music player if the DAC of the Pocophone does not support these frequencies also.

So I would like to know what is the quality (i.e sampling frequencies) of the DAC built into  the Poco F1 ?


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Egni123 said:

@maxmp Thanks for your reply, but it doesn’t answer my question.

Poweramp might be able to support up to 192kHz with DVC and up to 384kHz without DVC on the Poco F1, as you mention, but does the internal, built-in DAC (audio hardware) of Poco F1 support these Hi-res sampling frequencies also ?

The audio chain is only as strong as its weakest link:

Audio file -> Poweramp -> Pocophone F1 -> 3,5 inch Wired headset

Every part of this chain has to be great. No use of a great Poweramp music player if the DAC of the Pocophone does not support these frequencies also.

So I would like to know what is the quality (i.e sampling frequencies) of the DAC built into  the Poco F1 ?

It looks it can. 

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/snapdragon-845-mobile-platform

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Egni123 Poweramp supports up to 192kHz with DVC and up to 384kHz without DVC on this device.

device-2019-06-14-164411.pngdevice-2019-06-14-164514.png

Have you updated to 10.3.4.0? Mine has never played HD again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Egni123 said:

 

idk... but it is supposed that Poweramp bypass Miui audio system. Actually, if you set HD output, MIUI audio settings -like headphones equalization- is bypassed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FewPhone said:

idk... but it is supposed that Poweramp bypass Miui audio system. Actually, if you set HD output, MIUI audio settings -like headphones equalization- is bypassed.  

@FewPhone That would be great if Poweramp can bypass Miui audio system ! But isn’t Poweramp still dependant on the built-in DAC of Poco F1 ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×