v3 build 823 - Mini now playing bar showing wrong info

tdas777

Poweramp v3 build 823

Android 7.1.2

Lineage OS 14.1 20190126

Motorola X Play (lux) xt1562

The mini now playing bar is showing wrong info.

If PA is force closed and opened, then it will show correct info.

Screenshot_20190329-121759.png

A number of people have reported problems with the mini-player bar showing the wrong track info when the track tile commences with a non alphabetic character (such as quote marks or in your case a bracket) but Max has been unable to reproduce it on his test devices. Could you confirm if this still happens when the song title starts with a regular letter?

Andre

If I force close the player and restart, it'll show correct info with any song title. I have checked this.

In the above screenshot, I was listening to "For you", but mini player was showing "(Baby...."; so after force closing, I played the " (Baby....", it was showing correct info.

3 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Perhaps there is some general search-and-position-error in the library, which also shows in the U2-effect ?

I can't see that they are related; the "U2" effect is most likely search engines not returning results for two-character artist names, which has nothing to do with the mini-player.

Andre

32 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

the "U2" effect is most likely search engines not returning results for two-character artist names, which has nothing to do with the mini-player.

The thought was : perhaps the mini player is a separate thread that somehow has to synchronize with the main playing screen / the rest of the list view. Perhaps this sync starts with a search for artist and album, and if this search gives the wrong artist or album due to special characters, strings being too short as in U2, then it might choose the wrong song.

21 minutes ago, blaubär said:

Perhaps this sync starts with a search for artist and album,

PA's own search (which I really don't think comes into play here anyway) can already handle two-character strings such as U2, including ones starting with non-alpha characters. I'm sure the "U2 bug" is somewhere in whatever internet-based search facility is being used to trawl for images.

Andre

I'm having this issue as well.

I'm on a Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, stock MIUI 10, Android 8.1

I'm using AAC and OPUS files, if that matters.

Notifications seems to show the correct info. I think the Mini player always shows the first track from the "All Songs" list, or something among those lines?

I'm having this issue as well.

I'm using a Galaxy S8+ (G955FD), stock Pie, build 823.

Both the mini player and the main player show a different track info from the currently playing track. If I click on the currently playing track again then they work fine. Doesn't matter if the track title starts with a non alphabetic character or not.

56345937_314304542590844_3272245306904805376_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Archived