How to get an Artist Image to show up for a particular album?

jetjim

Hello all.....I'm running the latest stable version of Poweramp on a Samsung Galaxy S10+.  I have a microSD card in the phone with about 4500 FLAC song files on it.  I just set up Poweramp on the phone, but there's one thing that sets off my OCD.  I was able to download all of the Album Art and Artist Images, except for one Artist Image.  I have a U2 album that will not show the Artist Image.  They show up for every other artist.  I know that just one Artist Image missing is damn good, however, any idea how I can get the U2 Artist Image to show up?  I tried a Full Rescan (couldn't find where to remove tags first though) and an uninstall/reinstall of the app.  It still does not show up.  Thanks. :)

8 minutes ago, jetjim said:

Hello all.....I'm running the latest stable version of Poweramp on a Samsung Galaxy S10+.  I have a microSD card in the phone with about 4500 FLAC song files on it.  I just set up Poweramp on the phone, but there's one thing that sets off my OCD.  I was able to download all of the Album Art and Artist Images, except for one Artist Image.  I have a U2 album that will not show the Artist Image.  They show up for every other artist.  I know that just one Artist Image missing is damn good, however, any idea how I can get the U2 Artist Image to show up?  I tried a Full Rescan (couldn't find where to remove tags first though) and an uninstall/reinstall of the app.  It still does not show up.  Thanks. :)

If you manually choose the album  art via the 3 dot button on the album art ( or the place where it should be 🙂 ) , what happens then ?

2 hours ago, jetjim said:

It's not the Album Art that I'm having an issue with.  They all downloaded fine.  It is the Artist Image for one U2 album.

Ok, and if you manually search for the artist image ? Does the search start, does it find something, can you choose, is it then displayed ?

On 3/28/2019 at 1:33 AM, jetjim said:

Sorry that it took so long to get back to you Andre.....Thank you for that info. :)

You can also override the 3 character limitation by manually placing your image like this:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/selected_artist/U2.jpg

21 minutes ago, djdarko said:

You can also override the 3 character limitation by manually placing your image like this:

/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/selected_artist/U2.jpg

That is true, if you already have an image or can download one manually, that should work.

Andre

Archived