Poweramp
Cshep

Chromecast Audio Stuttering/lagging

• V3 Build 823
  • Samsung S8
  • Oreo

Hello, I recently picked up a Chromecast audio when Poweramp added cast support. However I seem to be having some sort of connection issue between Poweramp and my Chromecast. The music will start but often stutters or stops completely, requiring me to pause the music and restart. I've experienced this across multiple devices. I tested VLC casting and it seems to work fine. I tried maxing out the buffer but it doesn't seem to help. See screenshot attached if that's any help. Any suggestions? 

Screenshot_20190326-160624_Poweramp.jpg

S8 was is tested with 821+ and it generally works fine with chromecast even with the default buffer size, but you may need to add Poweramp AND Poweramp Full Version Unlocker to battery “Non optimized’ apps list.

(Reasonings: while Samsung battery optimizer is smart enough not to stop Poweramp playback as it understands it’s a player playing some audio, while casting, Poweramp doesn’t play audio - it’s just a network streaming - thus device goes deep sleep. Also unlocker looks like idle app to it - and it is actually idle - but it shares same user id as Poweramp, making Poweramp sometimes looking as idle too).

I've added both to the battery list. Still experiencing some skipping. Any suggestions if it's not an issue with Poweramp? 

Can you make a screenshot from your audio info popup with chromecast details (long press on main screen bottom meta info)? Thanks!

Any ideas of what could cause this? Still experiencing multiple pauses per song

I've been having the same issue since Chromecast support was added. I was super excited for this feature, so I'm happy to help troubleshoot. I'm using it on an S9 and typically cast to a Chromecast audio. I also tried maxing out the buffer setting, which didn't work for me either. My stutters occur randomly, maybe once or twice per minute, then may go 5 or 10 minutes without. I try closing all of the other running apps on the phone, but that didn't help. 

Poweramp streams audio right from your phone, so connection between phone and chromecast is essential for non-stop playback, though, large buffer already ensures short connection issues are tolerated, but if there is some interference/wifi/connection issue, this can cause stutter and playback stop. 

What I can do is to increase possible buffer size further.

Just a quick update from my end. I've tried using VLC and it streams perfectly. So there must be something either with the settings in Poweramp or with the chromecast integration that's causing the stuttering. I'm willing to do some testing and send logs as I'd like to just use Poweramp for everything