Poweramp
Sign in to follow this  
hafizullah

*Clean* uninstall

I just un-installed the app to try to clear an issue with some corrupted settings. I re-installed it, and my playlists and possible evidence of the problem persisting are still there.

It's really bad application manners to not remove itself entirely when uninstalled — or at least give the user the option to clear everything, all files & settings. OK?

13 minutes ago, hafizullah said:

It's really bad application manners to not remove itself entirely when uninstalled — or at least give the user the option to clear everything, all files & settings.

No, it's not bad manners. It's just Poweramp not being perfect and filling the market niche for users with a bit of technical know how so that they can remove a directory.

226201919124.jpg

I rooted my own phone and know how to remove a directory, thank you. But I don't go promiscuously removing directorys unless I know I'm removing the right one, OK?

Thank you for the information. It helps.

I guess PA, like a lot of apps, may leave some cached data behind in case of a later reinstall. However you can delete /Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer and all its contents if you wish (no root needed).

Andre