Poweramp Build 823

maxmp

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This new version still has the bottom miniplayer bug. Here's some more information regarding said miniplayer bug that shows the wrong song (it displays a song with a title tag (not the filename) that begins with a special characters [", #, etc.] ) instead of what is actually being played. The gestures and buttons on the miniplayer work as they should. If I swipe right on the miniplayer, it does play the next appropriate song. However, the song displayed on the miniplayer changes to another song with a special character at the beginning of the song title tag instead of what is actually being played. I have attached three screenshots. Each screenshot was taken while playing a different song. Notice the miniplayer displays a different song in each screenshot, however they are not what's actually playing. They are all songs with special characters at the beginning of each song title tag. I believe this has been happening in every version of V3 so far. Others have experienced it too. I think there is a thread on the bug section. If this can't be fixed, can you just add a way to disable/hide the miniplayer? Thanks, @maxmp

Screenshot_20190322-181330_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20190322-181335_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20190322-180532_Poweramp.jpg

5 hours ago, VanGolfer said:

Thank you. Still can't play with my LG sky10 soundbar thru chromecast, while Playpro has no issue.

I think Max is still trying to track down issues with third-party implementations of Chromecast that are built in to other devices.

I have the same problem with my Onkyo amplifier for example. PA connects to it fine and plays music for about 20 seconds, but then the Chromecast link drops - whereas it works fine with the Google Play Music app, and in your case your Playpro too.

Andre

I've never used Chromecast before, I know that my Onkyo receiver supports it, but when I attempt to connect basically nothing happens. The furthest it goes is to say the name of the song, but without any audio output. Also, the Poweramp seems to stop/pause when activated.

Is there any benefit to using this instead of Bluetooth? Is the audio stream lossless?

19 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

I think Max is still trying to track down issues with third-party implementations of Chromecast that are built in to other devices.

I have the same problem with my Onkyo amplifier for example. PA connects to it fine and plays music for about 20 seconds, but then the Chromecast link drops - whereas it works fine with the Google Play Music app, and in your case your Playpro too.

Andre

Same here with newest version 823, With my Sony version of Google home (LF-S50G) it cuts off after about 20 seconds also, but perfect on original Google Home and TV

@maxmp Thanks so much for the work on the Queue fix! Just one more little thing, PLEASE. Since in my settings I have On Queue End = "Stay in Queue..." and "Start playing Queue Immediately" disabled it would be just perfect if when I clear the Queue and it goes Empty (as it should), but would stay in the Empty queue rather than going to whatever is in the playlist (I guess that's what it's called). That way when I put the next item in the Queue I won't have to wait for the current song in the playlist to finish before PA starts playing the newly queue'd item(s). In my use case of PA I really have no use for the playlist as I really prefer working from the Queue.

@maxmp Question on Library - Lists - List Item Click Action - Enqueue and stay in the list. Shouldn't clicking on an item put it in the Queue? If not, where does it go? The current playlist stays unchanged. Again, with my use case being Queue oriented I would think that "Enqueue" would mean "put it in the Queue".

28 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

That way when I put the next item in the Queue I won't have to wait for the current song in the playlist to finish before PA starts playing the newly queue'd item(s).

You can achieve this by Settings > Library > Queue > Start Playing Queue Immediately

19 minutes ago, w3wilkes said:

Shouldn't clicking on an item put it in the Queue? If not, where does it go?

It doesn't go anywhere. The playlists won't change, they are not temporary, but permanent. The queue is temporary, or at least that's the way this was thought to be used.

5 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

it would be just perfect if when I clear the Queue and it goes Empty (as it should), but would stay in the Empty queue rather than going to whatever is in the playlist 

PA needs to have something defined as its current track, and that will show in the main player screen (as stopped). So if you empty a queue that you were listening to, the 'current' track must revert to whatever is the most recent item in normal playback mode. Remember that in PA's design, the Queue is not a normal playback category, it is a special case that temporary interrupts normal playback to listen to a few specific songs.

What you could do is create a short silent audio file, and name is as something like "0000" so that it would act as the first item in the songs list. That might work the way I think you want it to. 

5 hours ago, w3wilkes said:

@maxmp Question on Library - Lists - List Item Click Action - Enqueue and stay in the list. Shouldn't clicking on an item put it in the Queue?

Yes, when you have selected that option, tapping on any song (or songs) in one of the library views should add that clicked item(s) to the Queue. The queue won't start playing at that point of course (as the main player is stopped) but you should be able to see your newly added items in the Library > Queue list ready to be listened ti when you start playback.

Andre

i noticed today while washing the car the music goes off like 7 times!!!   I had to dig my phone out and click play and one time it stopped as soon as i put it in the holster.   Each time it's not on the lock screen anymore either.    It just closes out.  Is that bug back with the new version?  It didn't do it the whole time I was at the gym with the same bluetooth headphones.   

On 3/23/2019 at 3:52 AM, Trollburner045 said:

This new version still has the bottom miniplayer bug. Here's some more information regarding said miniplayer bug that shows the wrong song (it displays a song with a title tag (not the filename) that begins with a special characters [", #, etc.] ) instead of what is actually being played. The gestures and buttons on the miniplayer work as they should. If I swipe right on the miniplayer, it does play the next appropriate song. However, the song displayed on the miniplayer changes to another song with a special character at the beginning of the song title tag instead of what is actually being played. I have attached three screenshots. Each screenshot was taken while playing a different song. Notice the miniplayer displays a different song in each screenshot, however they are not what's actually playing. They are all songs with special characters at the beginning of each song title tag. I believe this has been happening in every version of V3 so far. Others have experienced it too. I think there is a thread on the bug section. If this can't be fixed, can you just add a way to disable/hide the miniplayer? Thanks! 

Screenshot_20190322-181330_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20190322-181335_Poweramp.jpg

Screenshot_20190322-180532_Poweramp.jpg

I am also having the same issue

Hi, so problem with higher sample rate still presists even after reseting to defaults (as Max suggested in build 822), but I maybe found solution for that, if I disable DVC (or actrualy enable - Disable DVC then everthing works as it should (or at least it looks like that) so maybe there is bug with DVC, if not then I don´t have any other idea why it´s not working as before, I am running Android Pie (on my Note 8), and another thing miniplayer widget is bugged too (it keeps falling down). Thanks lot :)

6 minutes ago, MySQL said:

miniplayer widget is bugged too (it keeps falling down)

What do you mean by that ? "Miniplayer widget" - that's the navbar/miniplayer in the list view, right ? What does "fall down" mean ? If you want to see it all the time you can set that via Settings > Library > Lists > Static navbar

Just now, blaubär said:

What do you mean by that ? "Miniplay widget" - thats the miniplayer in the list view, right ? What does "fall down" mean ? If you want it all trhe time you can set that via Settings > Library > Lists > Static navbar

No I mean widget which you can put on your "desktop" in you phone, you press play and nothing happens.

1 hour ago, MySQL said:

I disable DVC (or actrualy enable - Disable DVC then everthing works as it should (or at least it looks like that) so maybe there is bug with DVC,

Correct, Android Pie (I assume you are probably using a Samsung device too?) has broken some high-res options. You can use 'high-res' but only in 16/48 with DVC on, or paired values such as 24/96 or 32/384 with DVC off. See Max's posts on the subject.

Andre

1 minute ago, andrewilley said:

Correct, Android Pie (I assume you are probably using a Samsung device too?) has broken some high-res options. You can use 'high-res' but only in 16/48 with DVC on, or paired values such as 24/96 or 32/384 with DVC off. See Max's posts on the subject.

Andre

Yes Note 8 is from Samsung (but funny thing is build 820 worked for me even on Pie ;) ). Which post Andre please? :) 

2 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Sorry, I was still dropping the quotes into my post when you replied. :)

Andre

I a little bit off now :D what you mean? Just send me or here link to Max post with that subject (as you sad before on my post). Thanks :) 

Did a search and could not find anything. I have a Sam J7 (2016) running Oreo 8.1. Installed v3 and configured it to NOT pause for other notifications. Despite, it still just totally stops playing once an em notification or text, etc pops up. It's rather annoying.  

Is this another annoying Oreo nit?  Any suggestions on a fix plz? Tia

Archived