Jump to content
Poweramp
deppigiu

Poweramp and Muviz – Navbar Music Visualizer

Recommended Posts

Hi,

I would like to use Muviz with Poweramp, but when Poweramp is running Muviz does not display any navigation bars.
Is there any particular setting to use to make it work?

ThankYou and best regards,

Giuseppe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess, you'll get answer on Muviz app support forums for this? On Android, one app can't intercept other app audio output due to the security reasons. There is built in Android Visualizator "effect", but it works only for standard res audio and is broken in half of ROMs out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/22/2019 at 6:16 AM, deppigiu said:

Hi,

I would like to use Muviz with Poweramp, but when Poweramp is running Muviz does not display any navigation bars.
Is there any particular setting to use to make it work?

ThankYou and best regards,

Giuseppe

Hello,

Sorry to bring back an old thread.Which output settings are you using? Muviz should work with any of the OpenSL ES Output settings but for Hi-Res Output I think you need to 'enable' "No DVC" for Muviz to show.

 

On 3/22/2019 at 8:32 AM, maxmp said:

I guess, you'll get answer on Muviz app support forums for this? On Android, one app can't intercept other app audio output due to the security reasons. There is built in Android Visualizator "effect", but it works only for standard res audio and is broken in half of ROMs out there.

Hello Max,

Big fan of your work btw :)

I bet the OP was asking here because the app he mentioned works with all music apps except Poweramp. Like I stated in my reply above it seems to work for me at least on Hi-Res Output but only with No DVC. Would you know if this is due what you mentioned above about security reasons? I love Poweramp and love the dock visualization from Muviz but DVC makes everything sound so much better for me so wondering if there is a solution they can coexist. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DVC bypasses a lot of the Android audio processing processes. Thus manufacturer-installed features in the Android audio chain, or other apps which do things with that audio, will most likely no longer work. You need to decide whether the sound improvement gained by using DVC is more important to you than allowing the device more access to process your audio.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, escenkay said:

I bet the OP was asking here because the app he mentioned works with all music apps except Poweramp. Like I stated in my reply above it seems to work for me at least on Hi-Res Output but only with No DVC. Would you know if this is due what you mentioned above about security reasons? I love Poweramp and love the dock visualization from Muviz but DVC makes everything sound so much better for me so wondering if there is a solution they can coexist. Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.

With DVC you disable Android's sound effects. Which probably is the reason that it sounds better 🙂 . It would seem that "Muviz" somehow gets its data from there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

DVC bypasses a lot of the Android audio processing processes. Thus manufacturer-installed features in the Android audio chain, or other apps which do things with that audio, will most likely no longer work. You need to decide whether the sound improvement gained by using DVC is more important to you than allowing the device more access to process your audio.

Andre

 

21 minutes ago, blaubär said:

With DVC you disable Android's sound effects. Which probably is the reason that it sounds better 🙂 . It would seem that "Muviz" somehow gets its data from there.

That makes sense. I guess this only relates to Hi-Res Audio? On OpenSL ES Output it seems to work regardless of DVC on or off..

 

Anyways thank you both, I learned something today~ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know better one which worked for me it's called NavBar apps (it's free, and there is even navbar coloring feature so you can match your navbar color with app color).  I was using it until Samsung let hide navbar totaly (gestures feature now in OneUI) and it worked totaly fine :) hope this hepls you :);)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×