Compatibility degraded with Samsung Galaxy Note9

Mark Ale

After the latest build 822, If I set a sample rate higher than 48khz everything starts to sound distorted with hi-res output enable. Before there was not such problem. Actually that's not the only issue, since I updated to Pie everytime I want to play something with the speakers the sound gets really distorted. It's like the app is getting really unstable or incompatible with Samsung devices updated to Pie. Honestly I could live with the problem related to sound using the speakers, but now that I can't use hi-res properly as I used to (at 192khz sample rate) with headphones I feel the sound has lost a lot of quality. Please, can you shed some light on the subject? I've seen other people owning a Samsung device reporting similar issues.

@maxmp

In terms of audio quality on any of those Samsung phones, is Oreo better in terms of quality when playing hi-res music? I actually flashed my Note 9 back to Oreo the other night because of that. Did Samsung mess something up in their One UI Pie update, or is it more of Android Pie in general? Is there anything we as users can email/ask Samsung developers to change back to make things as they were on Oreo?

Thank you for everything. Your player is awesome!

2 minutes ago, a63548 said:

@maxmp

In terms of audio quality on any of those Samsung phones, is Oreo better in terms of quality when playing hi-res music? I actually flashed my Note 9 back to Oreo the other night because of that. Did Samsung mess something up in their One UI Pie update, or is it more of Android Pie in general? Is there anything we as users can email/ask Samsung developers to change back to make things as they were on Oreo?

Thank you for everything. Your player is awesome!

I believe that's what actually happened, Samsung tweaked something with the audio engine for the Pie updated that causes incompability issues with music players. When I was in Oreo everything worked perfectly, but at the same time I'm sure that something happened with build 822 that causes more issues than before as I explained in this post. Is there something @maxmpcan do in order to improved hi-res output performance and make the audio through speakers not sound distorted for Samsung devices since I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that there are many Samsung users out there? 

Archived