Some music detected as 2 seconds.

Heroxoot

It's been a while since I've used Poweramp. Upon moving to Android 9, some of my music only shows as 0:02 for the length. If I delete the folder and play the music by telling ES FIle explorer to play in Poweramp, it runs perfectly fine. Can anyone help me fix this? I don't understand why it's a problem. It is also able to play 2 songs of the album just fine. Music is FLAC format.

39 minutes ago, Heroxoot said:

It's been a while since I've used Poweramp. Upon moving to Android 9, some of my music only shows as 0:02 for the length. If I delete the folder and play the music by telling ES FIle explorer to play in Poweramp, it runs perfectly fine. Can anyone help me fix this? I don't understand why it's a problem. It is also able to play 2 songs of the album just fine. Music is FLAC format.

Try a Settings > Library > Full Rescan

4 hours ago, Heroxoot said:

Upon moving to Android 9, some of my music only shows as 0:02 for the length.

It was a known issue with some audio encodes (mainly FLACs, I seem to recall) that did not pass valid length info via their tags, and were thus not scanned into the library at all. Max has made the music scanner a bit more lenient in recent releases which should help. Also Settings > Library > Ignore Short Tracks can be disabled.

A Full Rescan (or the more nuclear uninstall/reinstall) ought to help, but if any tracks still show this issue of misread duration, please can you upload a sample file.Thanks.

Andre

Archived