Chromecast button faded out

Terminus

Not sure what's going on exactly, but I can't seem to use the chromecast feature. I have two google home minis in the house as well as the regular chromecast that you plug into a TV. It's not an older chromecast either, about a year old.

My phone is an LG G7 and I'm running v3 build 822 (the one that was just released).

Like I said, I can't seem to access the chromecast feature at all. The only indication I have is a faded out button in the small settings menu. Any help is appreciated.

After just posting this and returning to the app to try again, all my cast devices showed up this time. But it keeps disconnecting so much that I can't get through a single track... 

Before someone asks, I have a pretty strong internet connection. I still hope that this feature gets a bit more stable in future updates, or better yet if anyone has a suggestion to make the connection more stable that would be great. 

- try to cast from YouTube, if it casts, Poweramp can cast too (i.e. wifi works, connection establishes)

- please go to Play app and update Google apps (usually updating something like Google app or Google Home app triggers update for Play Services). Poweramp is build on latest play services lib and requires pretty fresh google services component

- going into Play and updating also ensures you're logged into Google account (as sometimes it may fail to find chromecast w/o some account logged in)

• 1 year later...

Archived