Poweramp Build 822

maxmp

Hey guys, have anyone of you found any workaround for the annoying audio stutter/skipping faced on Xiaomi handsets? I basically tried everything, setting higher priority, moving all songs to my internal storage.

I'm using stock ROM without root on my Redmi Note 4. I have observed 2 particular instances when the stutter/skipping happens:

1) When cellphone switches between network modes (2G/3G/4G)

2) When another app is opened.

It is irregular, but when it does happen, its frequent i.e. 6-7 times per 4-5 minutes.

1 hour ago, Sierrarohan said:

Hey guys, have anyone of you found any workaround for the annoying audio stutter/skipping faced on Xiaomi handsets? I basically tried everything, setting higher priority, moving all songs to my internal storage.

I'm using stock ROM without root on my Redmi Note 4. I have observed 2 particular instances when the stutter/skipping happens:

It is irregular, but when it does happen, its frequent i.e. 6-7 times per 4-5 minutes.

You could try to increase the buffer in Settings > Audio > Output > [plugin] > [device] > Buffer Size

2 hours ago, Sierrarohan said:

Which output your using? Miui version? try to increase the buffer size. Something is not right in your device im also using Redmi note 4 infact two of them and I don't have these issue I'm using default buffer size btw & it's super stable

18 minutes ago, Prosenjit said:

Which output your using? Miui version? try to increase the buffer size. Something is not right in your device im also using Redmi note 4 infact two of them and I don't have these issue I'm using default buffer size btw & it's super stable

Im not able to find the buffer size option. I think it was there in V2, I tried adjusting that as well, did not help. This issue is happening since the very beginning actually. Don't know whats wrong.

1 hour ago, lrkjglksjhdfgkl said:

Still no scrolling texts despite everyone is complaining about it?

Still impossible to use some shuffle option only within a specific sub-folder? 

I know Max has said he will look at scrolling text at some point in the future, but I seem to recall he also said it wasn't as simple a change as you would think because of the need to support page-change animations (and skins too).

What Shuffle option are you still having problems with, I thought that had been addressed a few releases ago?

Please address this sort of thing in separate threads though, re-posting existing of bugs and/or feature requests can quickly get lost if you post them in a New Release thread.

Andre

ue

15 minutes ago, alternativer0ck said:

Max, you can find out whether the problem with deleting files on the memory card from the application on Android 5 will be solved

Again, please post this in the relevant original thread so it doesn't get lost here.

It's working for me on an ancient Galaxy S4 with Android 5 though (although it is rooted, so I may have just bypassed Google's daft SD Card access restrictions completely on that device).

Andre

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I know Max has said he will look at scrolling text at some point in the future, but I seem to recall he also said it wasn't as simple a change as you would think because of the need to support page-change animations (and skins too).

Oh, I see. I wouldn't know it was that difficult. IMHO though, this is a pretty serious issue to be addressed and I don't really understand why it hasn't been addressed already before various other things. Am I really too concerned about being able to read what I'm listening to? 😣

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

What Shuffle option are you still having problems with, I thought that had been addressed a few releases ago?

Please address this sort of thing in separate threads though

I'm still unable to shuffle folders inside another folder. In my own case, for example, I put every new album (every album has his own dedicated folder) that I've not listened to yet in a particular folder named "To listen". I would like to shuffle the folders that are in that particular folder only (without shuffling the songs inside folders, only the folders), but if I select the "Shuffle categories" option, it shuffles ALL my folders, including those who are not present in that "To listen" folder. 

I already did a thread regarding that behaviour a few months ago. Will post in it then. 

4 hours ago, lrkjglksjhdfgkl said:

I'm still unable to shuffle folders inside another folder. In my own case, for example, I put every new album (every album has his own dedicated folder) that I've not listened to yet in a particular folder named "To listen". I would like to shuffle the folders that are in that particular folder only (without shuffling the songs inside folders, only the folders),

Ah, that's a bit clearer. No, that is not supported. Shuffling the entire contents of a folder and its subfolders can be done now, but not shuffle the order of the just current layer of sub-folders while playing their individual contents in order.

Andre

Hi, after updating to last version 822 hi-res outlut stoped working if I set sample rate to more then my music file has (bacause almost everyone is in 48khz or 44,1khz), before it worked totaly fine :). I am using Galaxy note 8 on Pie, even tho still awesome job Max, best player I've Ever used, thanks lot :)

I don't know if any changes have been made, but after the last update and the reinstallation of ainur sauron the audio is scary !!! fantastic, almost liquid I dare say! great, push audio quality first if you see more room for improvement, thanks. good job

2 hours ago, MySQL said:

Hi, after updating to last version 822 hi-res outlut stoped working if I set sample rate to more then my music file has (bacause almost everyone is in 48khz or 44,1khz), before it worked totaly fine :). I am using Galaxy note 8 on Pie, even tho still awesome job Max, best player I've Ever used, thanks lot :)

I'm experiencing the same thing with my Note9 on Pie after the latest build of the app. If I set a sample rate higher than 48khz everything starts to sound distorted with hi-res output enable. Before there was not such problem. Actually that's not the only issue, since I updated to Pie everytime I want to play something with the speakers the sound gets really distorted. It's like the app is getting really unstable with Samsung devices updated to Pie. 

Archived