Chromecast casting not working

Citywolf

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello, I use Poweramp with my Mobile Honor 6x with Android 7 to stream music to Harman Kardon Omni 20 speaker . After 20-30 sec. connection droped. I use V3-825. I'm very thankfull for any Support. Thanks

2 hours ago, vinaysharma76 said:

see attached screenshot

Once connected, can you scroll down to show the further info under "Output Device", your screenshot only shows the name. (as per Dee27's screenshot just above yours, showing the product name, Chrome version, etc)

Andre

11 hours ago, maxmp said:

New Chromecast build is pushed (no need to update Poweramp). It should fix issue with Chrome 62 devices.

Thanks Max, my Onkyo amp is now working fine with PA's Chromecast output after this latest update, how about everyone else?

Still no cover art via the TV display though - which works fine with Google Play Music - but the audio is much more important as most of the time my TV will be off while listening to music anyway.

Andre

On 4/26/2019 at 12:49 PM, andrewilley said:

Once connected, can you scroll down to show the further info under "Output Device", your screenshot only shows the name. (as per Dee27's screenshot just above yours, showing the product name, Chrome version, etc)

Andre

This is only output i have no information after that. 

55 minutes ago, vinaysharma76 said:

This is only output i have no information after that. 

You will only see information pertaining to the currently active output device. You need to be at least temporarily connected to the Chromecast device to see its reported status info, I'm not sure why you can't scroll down any further though, perhaps the device is not returning any data?

Andre

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Still no cover art via the TV display though - which works fine with Google Play Music - but the audio is much more important as most of the time my TV will be off while listening to music anyway.

Poweramp tries to minimize overhead and avoid processing images if device reports it has no display. As I understand, while technically there is no display in receiver, the connected TV is still able to show interface, meaning that display flag is wrongly set to false for your receiver.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:21 AM, maxmp said:

@vinaysharma76 can you please (when connecting to chromecast device) long press meta info in main Poweramp UI, scroll down to bottom and make screenshot? That shows your device firmware version. Thanks!

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

You will only see information pertaining to the currently active output device. You need to be at least temporarily connected to the Chromecast device to see its reported status info, I'm not sure why you can't scroll down any further though, perhaps the device is not returning any data?

Andre

In that case, seems my speakers are not able to connect at all with Power AMP. but on the same phone, I am using these Polk speakers without any issue. i notice for some time Poweramp show connected with speakers but no audio and at that time I get the metadata which I posted but within a few seconds speakers get disconnected. 

37 minutes ago, vinaysharma76 said:

. i notice for some time Poweramp show connected with speakers but no audio and at that time I get the metadata which I posted but within a few seconds speakers get disconnected. 

Have you tried since Max updated the interface for Chrome 62, which a lot of external third-party Chromecast receivers seem to use?

Andre

48 minutes ago, maxmp said:

As I understand, while technically there is no display in receiver, the connected TV is still able to show interface, meaning that display flag is wrongly set to false for your receiver.

Yes, that's exactly the situation. It's an AV surround receiver/amp, so while you can easily use it for audio-only without the TV being turned on, it usually works via an on-screen menu system when the TV is on.

Perhaps a simple override option in the PA Chromecast Settings menu to force artwork to be sent regardless of whether the device says it needs it? Could be a three-way switch - Always, Never, or Auto.

Andre

On 5/1/2019 at 4:26 AM, maxmp said:

New Chromecast build is pushed (no need to update Poweramp). It should fix issue with Chrome 62 devices.

Hi Max how to ensure my phone is using New Chromecast build . and how to get it. I am from India and all apps on my phone are latest and I am using latest Poweramp version form Playstore. 

On 5/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, maxmp said:

Perfekt, many thanks for this information and the support. Now it works fine

2 hours ago, vinaysharma76 said:

Hi Max how to ensure my phone is using New Chromecast build . and how to get it.

It's not the Poweramp/phone software that is causing many of the issues discussed in this thread, it is the firmware contained in the actual Chromecast receiver itself. Original Google Chromecast devices  normally update themselves via the internet, but third-party built-in implementations may be much older and are less likely to be able to be so easily updated.  Poweramp now also supports the fairly old Chrome version 62, which seems to be the variant featured in a lot of third party amps, speakers, etc. You would need to find what software variant is included in your external device.

You can manually update Poweramp earlier than the automated Play Store releases by the way, using the builds provided in the Downloads tab on this site. Currently 826 is the latest. The next (827) will include some further minor Chromecast mods, but not sure if they will affect you.

Andre

Archived