Poweramp Build 821

maxmp

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Lucas Barbos Samsung Pie unfortunately doesn't support Hi-Res + DVC for 3.5 output (it still works for BT/USB). I suggest using standard res + DVC, it sounds best on wired for Samsungs.

even with these settings the sound still sounds strange, the bass exceeds the treble and it was not like in the Oreo. another thing, the sound is lower, and I have to increase almost in the limit, something that did not happen in android 8.0. could you adjust these issues for us from Samsung?

16 hours ago, maxmp said:

for wired, you get Hi-Res and no DVC

Even if I have an error massage saying that it's not working (v820)? Like here: 

Secondly, AFAK you have one of these Samsungs if I activate DVC it will disable Adapt Sound, won't it?

15 minutes ago, NickIst said:

Secondly, AFAK you have one of these Samsungs if I activate DVC it will disable Adapt Sound, won't it?

As far as I understand it Samsung's "Adapt Sound" is part of the normal Android sound processing. I would expect that you have to use Audiotrack Output plugin for that to influence the sound coming out of Poweramp.

1 hour ago, blaubär said:

I would expect that you have to use Audiotrack Output plugin for that to influence the sound coming out of Poweramp.

It works with other outputs too. And as it should be DVC disables it

2 hours ago, NickIst said:

It works with other outputs too. And as it should be DVC disables it

Thank you ! Didn't know that.

I tried it out : all of Samsung's sound settings are bypassed by DVC.

Where does that " as it should be " come from ? I mean, how did you know ? Is there a specification for DVC lurking somewhere in the depths of these forums 😀 ?

32 minutes ago, blaubär said:

all of Samsung's sound settings are bypassed by DVC.

I would expect that to happen, yes. The whole point of Direct Volume Control is that output goes lower level and misses out a lot of the stuff that manufacturers bolt on (whether you consider those bolt-on as beneficial to the sound or not).

Andre

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/20/2019 at 10:03 PM, maxmp said:

@Lucas Barbos Samsung Pie unfortunately doesn't support Hi-Res + DVC for 3.5 output (it still works for BT/USB). I suggest using standard res + DVC, it sounds best on wired for Samsungs.

@Menelas Finalizing the build, will be published in a few hours.

On my Note 9 (qual. Pie)24 bit doesn't work even with usb just the same as analogue wired...

Archived