Poweramp Build 821

maxmp

15 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Why, were you told it was being implemented in this release? As I said though, please continue discussions about existing issues/bugs/feature requests in their own threads. 

Andre

It was also a feature request, I had requested maxmp while discussing about previous version. He said then that it will not take much time to implement. Hence I was waiting... 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i cant seem to get chromecast to work. after selecting my speaker, the track starts paying but with no sound. and after a few seconds the track stops on its own. it even says im connected and i could adjust the volume and everything, but i dont hear anything. after playing for about 5 seconds it automatically stops.

For me Chromcast works great!

The only thing is that in the screen of chromecast the album artist is displayed. When I play a track from a compilation it says "various artists" instead of the track artist. In the normal gui it shows ok, only the chromecast screen does this.

4 hours ago, blaubär said:

No, it isn't, at least not on every platform. I use Samsung S7 with Oreo and WITHOUT Google Home app. Poweramp works normally.

I don't see the ChromeCast Button, even if I enable it in settings. I presume if I would install Google Home App then and enabled ChromeCast Button then I would see it. 

OK, so that should be something else.

Because I can't run Poweramp anymore here 😭

I'm still getting the bug where the floating player at the bottom is showing tracks with special characters in front of the track title instead of what's actually playing. For me, it's Bowie's 'Heroes' because the song title includes the quotation marks. It takes a while to get that player to stop showing 'Heroes' and start showing what's actually playing. That's a pretty big bug. Can we disable the floating player? 

6 hours ago, andrewilley said:

[Edit] Dug out my old Chromecast dongle from the cupboard and set that up. PA connects to it, but the TV screen that it's plugged into just goes blank when PA connects to it, and although PA is playing on the phone screen, nothing comes out from the TV speakers. If I tap the Chomecast icon in PA again it provides a volume control slider, which when adjusted is echoed as a blue slider bar on the Chromecast display on the TV, but still no sound. 

I just did some more testing with the dongle version, and this time I saw a brief message about needing to update my Chromecast - but I think I've got the latest firmware for it already installed? I have what I assume is a generation 1 Chromecast (the long thin one, not the circular one) and that shows 1.32.144770 as the firmware version. YouTube/etc play through it fine, but I get the same error message as @Citywolf (below) when I try to cast from Poweramp:

Andre

Sorry to hear about your problems Andrewilly.

I'm using Chromecast audio throughout the entire house and @maxmp you made my wish come true. Works like a charm. Thank you so much! Even gapless is working out of the box without any trouble so far. Used Hifi cast for this but the app wasn't that great and stopped playing every now and then. I will do some more testing, but so far excellent! You put a smile on my face!

15 minutes ago, maxmp said:

currently the lowest supported chromecast chrome version is 70 (screenshot shows Chrome/66 - 66 is the version) - this is the lowest tested version I have across my CC devices, sadly, I have no v1 dongle to test (but I'll try to get one).

I'm currently testing on my backup Galaxy S4 (my Galaxy Note's memory has developed a nasty fault, not sure if it's terminal yet) and the Chrome version is 73.0.3683.75. Chromecast firmware is 1.32.144770, but I assume it has its own on-board versions of Chrome/etc too? Here's the error message I get on the Chromecast screen:

image.png

When I try to output to the Chromecast receiver feature built into my Onkyo TX-NR555 AV amp, Poweramp just crashes shortly after connecting.

Andre

@Menelas the crash happens due to too old Google Services (or they can be missing completely). The crash fixed in the next build 822 (to be released tonight), or can be fixed by updating Google Play Services (or/and other "apps" with "Google" "Services" in name).

2 minutes ago, maxmp said:

I temporarily set min. chrome version to 66 (I can't test it though) - those who with Chromecast v1 - can you please test it with Poweramp build 821 now? (Chromecast may require reboot). Thanks!

Will do, let us know when you upload the updated test version.

Andre

6 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

@Menelas Max has seen your post, but as it contained a huge text log I've hidden it from general view as it just clogs up the forum. Please could any such logs be posted as attachments rather than inline text. Thanks.

Andre

No problem, I understand. The goal was it reach @maxmp and it did, so all good, merci.

14 minutes ago, maxmp said:

@Menelas the crash happens due to too old Google Services (or they can be missing completely). The crash fixed in the next build 822 (to be released tonight), or can be fixed by updating Google Play Services (or/and other "apps" with "Google" "Services" in name).

As stated earlier and by other users too, no Google stuff there at all (chinese phone by choice to get ride of the Google bloat)

Thank you very much, I was afraid that us without Google play services would get kicked out.

Merci beaucoup 👍

1 hour ago, Trollburner045 said:

I'm still getting the bug where the floating player at the bottom is showing tracks with special characters in front of the track title instead of what's actually playing. For me, it's Bowie's 'Heroes' because the song title includes the quotation marks. It takes a while to get that player to stop showing 'Heroes' and start showing what's actually playing. That's a pretty big bug. Can we disable the floating player? 

Can you please send me that track via PM here on forum (file directly or link) for testing? Thanks!

7 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Can you please send me that track via PM here on forum (file directly or link) for testing? Thanks!

I have attached the song, but it's not just that song. I have tried to remove several suspect songs. The problem still persists, this time with a different song. It's any song with a special character at the beginning of the song title tag. It's the not the filename. It's the song title tag. 

Here are some examples of songs that do this. Again, these are the song title tags (the filenames are without the special characters):

"Heroes" (I have about 20 versions of this song.)

#2 Waltz

$100 Tip

03 - Heroes.mp3

Same by me like Andrewilley, got a Chromecast V1 at a Philipps Smart-TV and tested it with my Oneplus 6 and my Huawei Mate 10 pro (both with Android 9 Pie). Exactly same Message at the TV Screen and a few seconds after connect crash of the chromecast device...

1 hour ago, maxmp said:

This doesn't require new build, so you can test it now with 821.

I tried it again, and now I don't get the error message any more when I try to cast to the Chromecast dongle. I then see a spinner/wait-icon on the TV for a few seconds, then what looks like a small Poweramp logo in the middle of the TV screen (blue circle with 'Play' style triangle inside). Then PA crashes on the phone, which is what was happening when trying to output to my Onkyo amp too. What sort of log would help? I've not got my usual diagnostic stuff installed on this temporary phone, but it is rooted so I could put CatLog on it.

Andre

Archived