Ability to load Audio-only of any video files (FFMPEG)

haddy

Hi,

I have some FLV videos of rare groove music that I ripped from YouTube some time ago. These videos basically have just a still image of the artist/band with the main audio track playing.

This is an example of such a video;

You see in no way am I requesting that Poweramp become a video player. NO. But I'm just wanting if Poweramp could load/decode/playback the 'audio-only' of video file by adding itself to the video file handler in Android.

I should think that Poweramp uses that same FFMPEG source as apps like MoboPlayer and RockPlayer do meaning a great variety of audio and video formats are supported.

btw, perhaps a prompt message (that could be disabled) could display to state something like "Poweramp does not support the playback of video. Never."

• 2 weeks later...

So for this feature - all it requries is for Poweramp (when installed) to also be added to the list of video handlers "file-open as" under the Android system..

Ok, Poweramp seems to already show under both 'video' and 'audio' handlers in the "open as" of Es File Explorer under Android OS. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Some further feedback and things to say on my recent finding in Poweramp 2.0 beta 3:

*When I play a .mp4 video from my SD card (ripped from Youtube) that has AAC audio in it, I am able to succesfully open it in Poweramp ("Open as" in ES File Explorer) and the audio track of the video file plays fine.

However I am unable to do the same with my '.flv' video files of mine (also ripped from Youtube) that have basic Mp3 audio inside that I want to play in Poweramp, simply because Poweramp cannot load any other file extensions apart from audio based ones.

*Sadly and currently the "Recently played" library list in Poweramp 2.0x does NOT display any recently played items that have been launched from a file manager app which is what I expected it to work when I launched the .mp4 video (audio only playback) with Es File Explorer Android-->"open as" to launch in Poweramp. If this issue could also be addressed and looked at, thank you.

*When I launched the .mp4 video (audio only playback) in Poweramp 2.0x. The audio plays and can pause/seek just fine as aforementioned before so no issues there. However there are some minor issues relating to swicthing between Library view and Player screen in that while playing this .mp4 I clicked on the song text area on the Player screen to take me to where it would be in the library song/playlist list (of course it's not there) in where when I press return again to the Player screen, it either returns me to a different track in the Player or some wierd album art issue in where album art from one of my existing library tracks is assigned to this currently played .mp4 track in the Player screen. I think this issue in Poweramp 2.0x could be related in general to any File Manager "open as" playback of any standard supported audio files - although I have not tested this. Similar issue also when going into "Settings" while playing back of an audio/video luanched from a File Manager app. Apologies for the long sentence, please investiaget what possible bug.

Archived