Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down usefulness

wickedlemon

What is the usefulness of the Thumbs ratings? I don't mean compared to a star rating but in itself.

I get that you can play a list of top-rated songs, so Thumbs up is sort of ok, but what about Thumbs down? Can Poweramp exclude these songs or can they be bulk deleted later on? If not what is the point? I must be missing something and would love to know how other people use this feature.

The general consensus is that it's not really much help at all. As you say, it's hard to think why someone would manually add a song file to their phone and then flag it to say they don't like it, rather than just deleting it. That's why the option to use the star system was returned.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

The general consensus is that it's not really much help at all. As you say, it's hard to think why someone would manually add a song file to their phone and then flag it to say they don't like it, rather than just deleting it. That's why the option to use the star system was returned.

Andre

I was hoping for some awesome use I hadn't come across, like being able to thumbs down songs while driving and then mass delete them all later. Deleting songs while driving probably isn't practical.

Is there anything clever the star system can do, like affect the frequency of tracks playing? Sorry if I'm asking dumb questions, but I'm new to the app and just trying to get the most out of it.

The star system is merely a more detailed display option (in fact, the thumbs display is still based on the same underlying ratings scheme, with max/middle/min threshold values). You can do things like playing top rated tracks only, or sorting by star ratings, but not deleted based on thumbs-down or anything like that. You can do a bit more with third-party apps such as New Playlist Manager.

Andre

Archived