$YAPS$ - "Yet Another Poweramp Skin"

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't a colour to the bounce at the bottom of the screen, or if there is it's hidden behind the Android & PA Navbars and the miniplayer. There is a slide-in oval bounce area when you go past the top of a list though, which which always seems completely redundant when there is a proper bounceback effect, as that is more than sufficient on its own to indicate when you've reached the end of a list. I thought the slide-in oval thing was a throwback to when Apple were trying to sue over the bounce effect being owned by them. (Petty or what?)

Andre

6 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@andrewilleyDid you notiice the bounce adopt the icon colour

The bounce and bottom selection are fixed, thanks @flyingdutchman. I can't see anything with the bounce either, but many of my backgrounds colours are black or transparent. Which setting would affect the bounce colour?

I mentioned a long time ago, I think the only thing I'd really like to have a switch for is the location of the Visual/ Sleep/ Repeat/ Shuffle buttons and track counter to be able to move above the album art. One other V3 skin had this once upon a time but has not been supported at all, and with many of the PA updates the functionality of that skin is broken.

Screenshot_20201024-145142_compress25.jpg

4 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

Visual/ Sleep/ Repeat/ Shuffle buttons and track counter to be able to move above

I could give this a try of course. However it is often a case of when you touch one thing, the rest falls apart. Other artifacts may be attached to these buttons so they would move as well, I 'll give it a go though

1 minute ago, flyingdutchman said:

I could give this a try of course. However it is often a case of when you touch one thing, the rest falls apart. Other artifacts may be attached to these buttons so they would move as well, I 'll give it a go though

👍

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

@MotleyG it would need a complete redesign of the layout which is probably possible but will require a lot of work. At this point in time I am not planning to do this, sorry

Ya not worth it just for that. But thanks for looking into it.

On 10/17/2020 at 5:04 PM, flyingdutchman said:

@MotleyG, there is, under misc, an option to move the timings below the seekbar

Seems to look good with the latest update. One small bug with this though, seems long press on the elapsed time is not working to restart the song. It works in the default position.

22 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@MotleyG something i never knew existed 😃😃

I know, so many "hidden" cool features and shortcuts. This one is very helpful, especially for longer tracks that can't be moved back to the start in a single motion.

Latest version out *depending on Google of course)

Lots of new stuff:
- improved transparent navbar (shading in background is gone)
- new set of grey play buttons

image.png.b771e7090aad3fe37772afcb886dc346.png
- new navbar icons (with or without background)

image.png.061cc4b836f34905ae18d887ec7e9b29.png
- new library icons  (with or without background)

image.png.538aa8bca82e1ead2802827003d02f6c.png
- For default play buttons, you can now set the corners from circle to square

image.png.b990149164b4f21ba2df6900e31cb8d6.png
- full colour palette available for the equaliser buttons such as "save", "Reset", "Preset"

image.png.a8b59222c2c0a0f2687e8bbeeb6c1c09.png

Looking forward to playing. :)

One suggestion for a future release by the way: Could the Fine Tune > 'Left/Right Margin on Navbar' also affect bottom margin, as well as the sides? It currently looks a bit unsightly jammed right down against the Android navigation button bar:
image.png

Also, on the same subject, could the above setting also control the navbar and miniplayer combo on the Library screens, rather like the way that the PA default skin works where they both sit in a rounded-corner box:
image.png

Andre

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

@andrewilley like this? The colour is set by navbar background

Yes, that looks nice. That'll keep the style consistent between the player and library screens. Obviously the other elements at the bottom of the page might need positioning (or just reduce the height of the PA navbar section a bit). 

Andre

Good grief, Google really are turning into a second Apple aren't they? Why on earth can't you offer a free version of an app and mention the full-featured paid one? Surely that's the whole point of having a free reduced-features basic version and a full-featured paid version.

Andre

They haven't blocked it again have they? Nothing showed up overnight or this morning.

The completely stupid irony is that the original image set already includes the same cover artwork that they apparently don't like, so the longer they delay the update, the longer this 'offensive' image stays visible on their site!

image.png

I'm surprised they don't object to the BrainWave cover too, and possibly even the Snow Flake one too. Might be safer to create cover art with pictures of puppies and kittens and no firearms, blood, or plastic wrap over women's heads. :)

Andre

2 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

We are  back!!
image.png.749e653970df4a04928c6caf69d1e04c.png

If the navbar is set to transparent it looks ok in the now playing UI, but in the library list view miniplayer and NAV bar turn red instead of what the options are set to. In my case only the icon colour is set to this colour, so maybe they are picking that up somehow? Changing the navbar background colour to anything but transparent gets the selections back in the list.