flyingdutchman

$YAPS$ - "Yet Another Poweramp Skin"

What is new in Version 105. (Release by google may take a few hours)

- redesigned stroke library icons

- set separate backgrounds for main ui and equaliser screens

- gradient backgrounds for navbar, miniplayer and playing mark

- new dark slider and refreshed the grey button

- bug fixes and general clean up

gradient.png

backgrounds.png

By the way, I assume that the neat gradient backgrounds are something you need to pre-define within the coding, rather than something that the user could specify (for example) a start and end colour and gradient angle?

Andre

@andrewilley, yes they are created with Adobe Illustrator and could not be created within a skin.

Android itself allows start, end, middle and angle which limits the gradient somewhat. As an example, I use this is my gradient waveseek options.

image.png.16094ec34ab9de3ffa95ed079069e67e.png

this is what it looks like, as you can see there are several "colour points" on the bar, something you would not be able to achieve in a skin.

However, they are easy to create and very small in terms of file size so Poweramp users can put in requests.

In fact, the Darker Grey was a request from Normann G  where the left  was specified as #1E1E1E

With the large number of configurable parameters in $YAPS$, I am not sure if I am just not finding the correct combinations or if it doesn’t really exist (yet :))

There is the option to scale down the album art. Is it possible to move the button bar, the one starting with visualizations, higher up on the screen into that empty space? Or maybe even overlaying the bottom of the album art. I am currently using Poweramp and $YAPS$ on a smaller screen, and the bottom half is a little cramped, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

PowerAmp Screenshot_2020-10-03-15-40-40.png

21 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

Was looking at this but I noticed that I do not have any albumart showing at the top in the default skin. Is there a setting to show/hide?

Hmm, not that I'm aware of. You can make it smaller with List Options > Compact Header, but I don't know of a method to hide the header artwork background in the default skins.

Andre

23 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@andrewilley, so there should be artwork? 

Yes, as far as I know it should look like this (this is your skin, but same in default skins). You can make it larger or more compact, but I don't think you can get rid of it completely:

image.png

Andre

Just noticed while looking for any possible settings that your skin does not observe the 'Headers with Meta' option in Settings > Library > Lists, it always shows the metadata line in the header regardless of the setting. But I can't find any option to enable/disable the background album art image.

Andre

Tried to find the artifact for albumart in category headers but not sure if this is it

ItemTrackCatImage_scene_header

Sounds like the correct one but it is not available for styling

Can @maxmp confirm this? or direct me to the correct one?

As for the Metainfo,

there is nothing I can find to hook into

ItemTrackMeta and ItemTrackMeta_scene_* do not show any variable that gets set so my skin is not able to detect whether it is hidden or not. (unlike some other artifacts)

58 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

I now realise albumart in the header only shows in certain categories.

It shows pretty much everywhere that drills down to Album level views. So not in All Songs, and not in the Most Played, Top/Low Rated, Queue, etc.

Andre

I just noticed that there isn't quite enough padding at the end of library lists to allow for the bounce-back animation when you have scrolled to the bottom. The final item ends up being partially - or even completely - hidden under the mini-player so you can't select it. This doesn't happen with the PA default skins, the last item sits fully visible above the mini player.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I just noticed that there isn't quite enough padding at the end of library lists to allow for the bounce-back animation when you have scrolled to the bottom. The final item ends up being partially - or even completely - hidden under the mini-player so you can't select it. This doesn't happen with the PA default skins, the last item sits fully visible above the mini player.

Confirmed, seeing the same issue with the last track in a list covered. Only if the list is long enough to require scrolling.

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

adding a bit padding

if it was only that simple :)

I cannot reproduce it so perhaps it is affected by some setting?

Can @andrewilley and @MotleyGperhaps provide some setting details. not sure which settings might be relevant though

11 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Latest release V107

Colour palette now available for the waveseek bar

Very cool, love the choices for the waveseek bar. Couldn't find it at first though, thought it would be in the top waveseek options in the menu.

The elapsed and remaining times are hard to see. I have the button backgrounds all set to transparent, but it would be great if you could add a separate control for the time backgrounds.