flyingdutchman

$YAPS$ - "Yet Another Poweramp Skin"

@andrewilley, the values are assigned to a global variable by applying a style for example:

<style name="set_1_library_text_scale_factor">
    <item name="library_text_scale_factor">1</item>
</style>

When you slide across it calls the appropriate style as shown

<seekbarOptions>
   <option
        name="0.8"
        overlapSt5yle="@style/set_8_library_text_scale_factor"
        />
    <option
        name="0.9"
        overlapStyle="@style/set_9_library_text_scale_factor"
        />
    <option
        name="1"
        overlapStyle="@style/set_1_library_text_scale_factor"
        />
</seekbarOptions>

It works for all other values but somehow not for the .8 one. I do not think it has anything to do with the value , but with the slider behaviour itself. I will experiment by adding a few more values

3 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

I think this is now fixed. Left to right 1, 0.9, 0 .8, 0.7

👍

Latest Release out now

(depending on when it gets released in Google Play)

Added Polish language

New set of Library Icons and stroke equivalents

New set of Navigation Bar icons and stroke equivalents

Fine tuning of circle/square shapes (instead of small, medium, large corners) so you can really control the look

More fine tuning options, set thickness of circle strokes on Library icons, Play Button icons, Library Buttons, Equaliser Buttons.

If you want to see your own  language in this app and are willing to spend a couple of hours translating using Google Translate, please get in touch by email.

On 6/17/2020 at 9:27 PM, flyingdutchman said:

and here it is:

image.png.be5916512537f8e44f4579f5b1cd2c80.png

Hi, you didn't change the static waveseek in the last update of your skin 

20 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Fine tuning of circle/square shapes (instead of small, medium, large corners) so you can really control the look

For some reason, I cannot find the new controls for adjusting the corners of cover art, text boxes, etc. Did they get moved into a submenu somewhere? My Title/Artist/Album text boxes have all reverted to the original square corners, and I can't seem to get my rounded setting back. 

I was going to comment on an issue I was seeing with the layout of the EQ screen (the spectrum-graph display was overlapping with the EQ slider descriptive text) but that seems to have been resolved in this release, thanks.

Has the Player screen vertical layout been tweaked over the last couple of releases? For the past release or two there has been a lot of blank space between the Artist/Album line and the row of button icons, which was pretty much perfect before.

Andre

@flyingdutchman Ah, found them, thanks. For some reason I thought that was a page heading rather than a selectable sub-menu choice. Oops! Corners all nicely rounded so I won't cut my fingers on them now. :)

Player screen image below. It looks like perhaps the waveseek bar area is now shorter and more tightly packed than before, leaving a large gap under the Artist/Album line. Nothing critical, but it looked so nice before (March-ish image on left, current on right).

image.png   image.png

[Edit: also, looking closely, the Artist/Album box seems to touch the edge of the screen when the text is very long - did it use to have a little bit of margin space either side a long time back?]

Andre

V84 has been released. (it may take a while to appear in Google Play)

What's New:
- hide visualisation panel
- Volume slider positioning, left hand side, right hand side, below albumart, replace seekbar
- new "dark metal" play buttons
- new "dark metal" equaliser switches and slider 
- new "dark metal" equaliser buttons
and some other bits 

Want to see your own language and are willing to spend a few hours? get in touch

Want to see your own high quality icons? get in touch

This is the most advanced skin available at the moment

volume_sliders.png

equaliser_dark_metal.png

Thanks, just waiting for the Googles to catch up.

By the way, I've renamed this thread, hope you don't mind. As everyone calls this skin $YAPS$, it seemed to make sense to have it referred to that way in the thread title too.

Andre

On 7/4/2020 at 4:37 AM, flyingdutchman said:

V84 has been released. (it may take a while to appear in Google Play)

What's New:
- hide visualisation panel
- Volume slider positioning, left hand side, right hand side, below albumart, replace seekbar
- new "dark metal" play buttons
- new "dark metal" equaliser switches and slider 
- new "dark metal" equaliser buttons
and some other bits

Very nice update @flyingdutchman! Love the volume slider option as a replacement for the seekbar! The dark metal buttons/switches/sliders are a nice touch as well.Thanks for this latest version.

G

Latest Release v85 (when available on Google Play)

Improved the waveseek bars. They are now properly rounded.

Improved Static waveseek display

Additional range of colours for waveseek bar

New "fine tune" setting for equaliser slide, separate from other sliders

Added a new font Squeaky Chalk Sound (www.anke-art.de)

Spectrum display on equaliser page now shows the selected spectrum instead of default

image.png.8cd80408f97d7779f05cb7ac2e3ddda7.png

screenshot.jpg

Thanks for the update. One tiny thing I've just noticed is Track Text Colour doesn't assign properly if you set it to Blue 100 or Blue 100 Opaque, they come out as a much darker blue.

And is it my imagination, or is the lapsed portion of the Waveseek bar now almost the same colour as the upcoming section, it seems less faded than before? Might even be worth adding the full range of colours for both the lapsed and forthcoming segments of the waveseek, just like the options for the linear/line seekbar? 

Andre

@andrewilley, yes you are correct, it was getting Blue 700. Corrected now.

The range of colours for the waveseek is limted as for each colour I would have to create a new bitmap. You cannot set colours in the same way as with the other artifacts. As for the lapsed section, it is 70% opaque of the leading colour. For some colours it is as you say although with brighter colours, the difference is clearer.

I may, over time add some more bitmaps/colours (as it is a tedious job :) )

16 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

The range of colours for the waveseek is limted as for each colour I would have to create a new bitmap

Ah, I didn't realise they were hard-coded images (presumably fixed image ends, with a stretchable mid section?). I assumed they were like other rounded items and were drawn live.

Andre

I just noticed while I was trying out Max's lovely new text-only list views: when you use the original (cover art) lists, if Settings > Library > Lists > Show Track Number is set to 'Separate Number', the extra padding to the left of the artwork is not sufficient for either single or double digit track numbers:

image.png

Andre

4 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@andrewilley, noted, i will probably need to wait for the skin sdk update on github

It's related to the three original list views - 'Compact List', 'Small List' and 'List' - not the recent 'no image' style which works fine.

Andre