flyingdutchman

$YAPS$ - "Yet Another Poweramp Skin"

2 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Perhaps uninstall and reinstall?

Didn't seem to change anything. I've also tried doing a Restore Defaults at the 'Font Options' level, which did reset the three visible sliders in the submenu to their default positions, but still only three sliders visible.

Andre

Must be the way Poweramp parses the skin.xml. the options are there but not displayed. I am about to release another update so perhaps things will return to normal otherwise it will need to involve maxmp

No odd characters in the next XML field that might have caused PA to skip reading for some reason? I've been caught out by that in HTML code before now.

Andre

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Perhaps uninstall and reinstall?

Tried that. I only show the same options as @andrewilley on my LG G8. Got the update for PA last night, no change to this.

Screenshot_20200502-080553.png

Edited by MotleyG

4 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Are we all on PA build 869 with skin build 70? I'm on Android 10 if it makes any difference.

Andre

Same here.

37 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Are we all on PA build 869 with skin build 70? I'm on Android 10 if it makes any difference.

Andre

I happen to be on PA 866 skin v70. That may be it?

2 minutes ago, amber438 said:

I happen to be on PA 866 skin v70. That may be it?

And do you see the full font-sizes menu, or just the first three items?

Andre

27 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

And do you see the full font-sizes menu, or just the first three items?

Andre

cant get full screenshot

in font sizes i see track font size, album/artist, library list, scale library font and meta info font size and restore defaults

in just fonts i see font for track, font for album, fonts and restore defaults

@maxmp, I believe the 

<seekbarOptions

tag in skin.xml is being ignored in the latest release V869. Can you verify please. Any options using this tag no longer show

I have noticed something odd with the dynamic waveseek bar recently by the way. Lower peak sections don't seem to display accurately when the track volume dips below a certain threshold, they just stick at a fixed level. e.g. Stock vs. YAPS for the same track:

image.png

image.png

Andre

On 5/6/2020 at 1:58 PM, andrewilley said:

I have noticed something odd with the dynamic waveseek bar recently by the way. Lower peak sections don't seem to display accurately when the track volume dips below a certain threshold, they just stick at a fixed level. e.g. Stock vs. YAPS for the same track:

image.png

image.png

Andre

@andrewilley, the waveseek is pretty much out of the box. is this consistent for all tracks or just some?

4 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@andrewilley, the waveseek is pretty much out of the box. is this consistent for all tracks or just some?

All tracks - well, all tracks with quiet portions anyway, tracks that are loud throughout are fine. I had initially assumed it was a PA issue and was going to report it as such, but it seems fine with the default skins.

It happens in both Dynamic and Static Waveseek modes, and pixel-width setting for bars makes no difference. Here's another example using Static Waveseek mode with a fairly quiet live-microphone recording (top is PA default skin, bottom is $YAPS$, same track):

image.png

image.png

I also just noticed while testing by the way, the Static Waveseek mode does not respond to adjustments made to the Waveseekbar Width setting, it remains set at 5 pixels regardless of the selected width value.

Andre

1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

All tracks - well, all tracks with quiet portions anyway, tracks that are loud throughout are fine. I had initially assumed it was a PA issue and was going to report it as such, but it seems fine with the default skins.

It happens in both Dynamic and Static Waveseek modes, and pixel-width setting for bars makes no difference. Here's another example using Static Waveseek mode with a fairly quiet live-microphone recording (top is PA default skin, bottom is $YAPS$, same track):

image.png

image.png

I also just noticed while testing by the way, the Static Waveseek mode does not respond to adjustments made to the Waveseekbar Width setting, it remains set at 5 pixels regardless of the selected width value.

Andre

Hi. We can have thet look of the PA default skin waveseek on your skin? that would be great

@GDMFSOByou may also notice that there is no seekbar on the default skin and that waveseek overlaps the duration and elapsed time. My skin has been adapted so they do not overlap.

That's OK, but my request is to have the same waveseek forme not divided as your skin and rounded as the PA default waveseek, the design of the original waveseek is really nice

@andrewilley, checked the waveseek issue out. I have concluded that there is someting in the tack that causes this behaviour. The screenshots are from native Poweramp

clearly related to the levels as you indicated

ps on the static seekbar, something starnge with this as it returns an error when i directly address 

com.maxmpz.audioplayer:TopWaveseekStatic

it does not recognise it

Screenshot_2020-05-09-11-27-19-64_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.png

Screenshot_2020-05-09-11-27-30-15_345bb2134bfb84a7decceb0b36861421.png

It's strange, the bars display correctly for all volume levels in the default skins, and they are also fine for higher volume levels in $YAPS$. But anything under about 50% in $YAPS$ shows as exactly 50%.

Andre