$YAPS$ - "Yet Another Poweramp Skin"

22 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

New release out now!! @MotleyG, black opaque is now available for all elements

@flyingdutchman V61 has improved the list appearances. Black opaque is missing from the Navbar list. Any luck on the list header metadata background behind the track and time summary, and the treble clef icon position?

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@MotleyG , black opaque is indeed missing. Will be fixed in thenext release. With regards to the background, i gave up in the end. These little issues are so annoying and should be easy to fix. The same goes for the menu not responding when moved below albumart. Unfortunately cooperation between skinners is non existent. (I think there is only mixified and myself who are active. AndrewO and ductamine seem to have gone quiet.

• 2 weeks later...

After installing build 862 of PA (on Samsung A70 Android 9) the Android navbar has become transparent, even when I select a solid colour in the skin settings. In this example, both the PA navbar and the Android navbar are set to Black 1000, but only the PA navbar shows as properly black:

image.png

Andre

5 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

@andrewilley, I had a look at this and I think it appears that the background colour overrides the android navbar. I will see if there is anything I can do.

It only started happening when I installed PA 862, so something may have changed there.

Oh, and I forgot to say that the Title/Artist/Album text spacing on the Player screen now look lovely and balanced on my (slightly tall) A70 screen. Thank you.

Just FYI, there's now a rather large gap between the upper title/artist/etc area and the group of objects below it, making the lower section feel rather cramped. Ideally the great new Title/Artist/Album spacing from v61 (right image), along with the older icons/buttons/seekbar/metadata area from v58 (left image), would be absolutely perfect:

Screenshot_20200211-105615_Poweramp.jpg  image.png

(I think part of the problem is that the waveseek bar area might have got shorter?)

Andre

I am continually trying to improve the layout such that it becomes stable and doesnt move the minute i change something else. I have now made sure both wavessek and the spectrum layouts are in the same place and have the same size. Things should begin to settle down. I removed the "move menu" option as i have been unable to make this work. 

31 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

I am continually trying to improve the layout such that it becomes stable and doesnt move the minute i change something else.

I'm sure it's a constant battle, made worse by the way Android defines screens in a few fixed sizes which actually cover a whole range of different 'real world' panel sizes. Screens mostly seem to be getting taller rather than wider, but with physical buttons on the way out and the trend for bezel-less camera notches, the ratios are all over the place.#

In my Samsung A70 case, v58 (on the left in my post from yesterday) was the closest to perfect, just needing a very minor tweak to the position of the Title and Artist/Album lines to even up the visual spacing.

Andre

Posted (edited)

@andrewilley, I have been able to find an emulator which can run arm based apps. This now allows me to create a vm according to the specification of a device. Your Samsung A70 works out as 360*800 for which I have created a specific dimension file which will be used when running the skin.

The results are shown below. Just let me know any small adjustments before I release a new version this weekend

ps. think I fixed the android navbar issue too :)

strip.png

Edited by flyingdutchman
25 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

The results are shown below. Just let me know any small adjustments before I release a new version this weekend

The dynamic wavebar seek area seems a lot bigger now, which has pushed the single-line seekbar down the screen a bit. To be honest, I keep being tempted to just turn the graphic bar off anyway, as although it's kinda pretty, I never use it.

The image I posted from v58 seemed just about prefect apart from tweaking the spacing of the Title line to match closer to v61. I've settled on using a size of 18 for the Title line, and 16 for Artist/Album (but that could vary by font of course).

Andre

24 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

How about this? Your v58 on the left

I'd suggest pushing the combination text block of Title and Artist/Album up a touch (so they are slightly closer to the artwork) and reduce the height of the dynamic wavebar so the static seekbar and metadata line below both have a bit more breathing room.

Has the bottom PA navbar been reduced in height a bit by the way? If so, good idea - it always felt a bit big.

Andre

Posted (edited)

- Title and Artist/Album up a touch 

- reduce the height of the dynamic wavebar

- seekbar and metadata line below both have a bit more breathing room.

The navbar height was not changed so the difference is down to the emulator or device

Result:

final_layouta.PNG

Edited by flyingdutchman

Looks great, thanks, can't wait to try it.

By the way, I found out why the slider rails (the lines that the EQ thumbs are meant to move along) had vanished on my setup; they seem to be controlled by the 'Circle/Square Color', which I had set to transparent as I didn't particularly want borders around the buttons and icons. I've now set that to a muted tone and they have reappeared.

Andre

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

Latest release V63 now available on Google Play.

Thanks for the upload. However the player screen layout updates we discussed don't seem to have picked up my A70 for some reason. In fact, it's got slightly worse, the Title line now overlaps the cover art.

image.png

Andre

@andrewilley thanks again.

It looks like virtual machines do not behave exactly the same as the real thing. I initially had the wrong density hence it picking up a different config. Now that I corrected this it still shows different dimensions. (mine on the right)

I will experiment and try and get exactly the same dimensions as shown in your screenshot above

dimensions.PNG

7 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

I will experiment and try and get exactly the same dimensions as shown in your screenshot above

Just a thought, but I have my Android navbar set to permanently on (rather than auto-hide) so I wonder if that affects then reported available screen resolution?

And

On 3/11/2020 at 11:08 AM, flyingdutchman said:

@andrewilley, I have been able to find an emulator which can run arm based apps. This now allows me to create a vm according to the specification of a device. Your Samsung A70 works out as 360*800 for which I have created a specific dimension file which will be used when running the skin.

ps. think I fixed the android navbar issue too :)

strip.png

Omg i love the colors on those skins.   Did you had more colors to the spectrum analyzers flyingdutchman?  The eq looks neat in black and red.

Edit:  i just realized that's the seekbar that's in his screenshots.   I hadn't used it in awhile.   That awesome that there's different colors to choose from.   I didn't realize that. 

Edited by hypomaniac-eric

@flyingdutchman I really like the new colour options for the waveseek bar. Any chance you can add an option to put the rounded top and bottom back? The squared ends are a bit rigid compared to the other elements.

Like @andrewilley my wavebar is offset from the play buttons a little bit. But not so much that it is unusable.

Looks like you also have updated the metadata background in the library lists. Great work!

Screenshot_20200318-212523.png

I forgot to say in our other conversation, but could the elapsed-time and total-time counters have the same background colour as the metadata line, they might stand out a bit more when the background comes close to matching the text colour?

Andre

• andrewilley changed the title to $YAPS$ - "Yet Another Poweramp Skin"