flyingdutchman

$YAPS$ - "Yet Another Poweramp Skin"

@andrewilley, thank you for the detailed description of  bugs and issues. I have adressed each one I hope 

"It might be worth adding an extra mode to the Square/Circle options for text boxes, so as to provide a more subtly rounded-edge rectangle to match with the style of the Vis/Timer/Repeat/Shuffle icons."
- Added additional shape corners

"There seems to be quite a large left-margin gap in List-Compact and List modes (List-Small and the Grid views are fine)"
All albumart in library view has the same margins.
for Grid types:
        <item name="android:layout_marginLeft">2dp</item>
        <item name="android:layout_marginRight">2dp</item>
        <item name="android:layout_marginTop">2dp</item>
        <item name="android:layout_marginBottom">2dp</item>
for List types:
        <item name="android:layout_marginLeft">2dp</item>
        <item name="android:layout_marginRight">0dp</item>
        <item name="android:layout_marginTop">2dp</item>
        <item name="android:layout_marginBottom">2dp</item>

A similar approach is used for the TrackTitle and Album/Artist

"An extra pixel or two of vertical space between each image in List-Compact and List modes might also look better (again, List-Small is perfect)."
margins are applied consistently but the size of the albumart also has an influence here. I tried to make it as consistent as possible for each type of view mode.

"And in the EQ screen, the vertical slider bars seem to be missing for me"
- Although my test devices show the correct display, some actual devices appear to behave differently. 
I have adjusted the width of each slider a little so hopefully this now fits although you can always slide it to the right.

"the Cyan colour group is duplicated "
- removed

"metadata line in the header areas of lists (if enabled in Settings) does not show"
- now visible. However tried to apply background similar to other buttons but so far I have been able to apply this. 
The artifact ignores everything I throw at it.
( also noted the little icon to the left is too high but again unable to find controls for it so it is aligned)

"Compact List views the area allocated on the left of each line for the album art is much larger"
- I do not influence this in any shape or form so not sure why....

If the dialog/miniplayer/icons buttons are set to a solid colour, (i.e. black), it also affect's the background in the search window. This conceals all of the items in the found list, unless an opaque colour is chosen. Can you see if the "Search" background can instead take on the same colour choice as the background colour?

G

1 hour ago, MotleyG said:

If the dialog/miniplayer/icons buttons are set to a solid colour, (i.e. black), it also affect's the background in the search window. This conceals all of the items in the found list, unless an opaque colour is chosen. Can you see if the "Search" background can instead take on the same colour choice as the background colour?

G

Good spot !. Fixed, released as V60

16 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

Good spot !. Fixed, released as V60

Awesome, thanks for the quick fix!

2 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Yes, 15 02 20 at 14:20 uk time

Not seen it either, v58 (8 Feb) is latest in my UK Play Store.

On 2/14/2020 at 12:25 PM, flyingdutchman said:

All albumart in library view has the same margins.
margins are applied consistently but the size of the albumart also has an influence here. I tried to make it as consistent as possible for each type of view mode.

I have adjusted the width of each slider a little so hopefully this now fits although you can always slide it to the right.

I think it might be the overall size of the albumart thumbnails that is causing my concern then. Yours are larger than the default skin, which is generally a great improvement as the artwork is much clearer to see. However I guess they might look better just a tad smaller to allow a bit more breathing space between them, and with more consistent horizontal margins to avoid eating too much into the available text space. Just a personal preference here, feel free to ignore if you don't agree.

Here are examples of the three List views to illustrate, showing the middle size sits too tightly against the margin, while the smallest and largest ones are a bit gappy. Somewhere in between lies perfection. :)

image.png   image.png   image.png

[Edit: Just noticed the text spacing (leading) seems to vary somewhat between the three views too, with the middle view being preferable as it more clearly segregates song's content. In Compact view, the leading between the 'Title' and the 'Artist/Album' line is almost as large as the gap between each song.]

The EQ comment was not about the width of each bar by the way. I don't mind that you have to scroll over to see the final few frequencies on smaller screens - although seeing all of them on one screenful for larger devices would admittedly be nice as long as they aren't too squashed. However the vertical lines/tracks (that ones that the slider thumbs move up and down along) are missing. Each vertical line only appears - in a rather noticeable orange colour - when you move one of the sliders up or down. Here's your skin versus the PA default:

image.png   image.png

Andre

Something is amiss with google play as v59 was also not there

Screenshot_20200217-104007_Chrome.jpg

Publish an app

When you select an app on your Play Console, you can see your app's latest publishing status under the title and package name.

Whether you're publishing an app for the first time or making an update, you can use your publishing status to understand your app's availability on Google Play.

Note: For certain developer accounts, we’ll take more time to thoroughly review your app(s) to help better protect users. This may result in review times of up to 7 days or longer in exceptional cases. You’ll receive a notification on your app's Dashboard about how long this should take. 

Edited by flyingdutchman
additional

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

Something is amiss with google play as v59 was also not there

Yes, the latest I see on Play Store (UK) is v58, dated 8 Feb. Didn't even know you'd released 59.

Andre

40 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Yes, the latest I see on Play Store (UK) is v58, dated 8 Feb. Didn't even know you'd released 59.

Andre

Same here, current V58 from the play store. Hope they catch up soon.

G

Updated now thanks! I also bought Playlist Manager this weekend, and working with that now. Many thanks for these tools!

G

3 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Google play have released v60. Available now

BTW @flyingdutchman - I had a very long list of updates available today on the Play store including V60. I have to assume there was something going on that held these back. There was very little activity over the past week. So it likely wasn't anything specific to your work.

G

6 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Google play have released v60. Available now

Looks great! The corners are perfect, spacing is adequate between text and buttons, and the text size choices are abundant.

Now if you can just add the additional colour and font choice (bold/italic/both?) for the title versus Artist - Album, that would be the icing on the cake!

G

Screenshot_20200218-194632.png

For some reason, V60 seems to have broken several things for me.

The body text in all of the Library categories has suddenly shrunk to half its previous size:

image.png   image.png

The left-margin spacing in 'Compact List' and 'List' modes is still pretty gappy, as I mentioned before. Not sure if this is PA's fault or the skin's though.

The main screen, which was close to perfect before apart from needing a tiny tweak upwards for the Title and Artist/Album positions, now looks strange in terms of its vertical layout (default Pro Buttons too large, lower zones more squashed together, the two text boxes touching each other with huge top/bottom margins, etc). Images to show Before (Buffy, V58) and After (Barclay James Harvest, V60):

Screenshot_20200211-105615_Poweramp.jpg  image.png

I like the new corner options for the label areas, but the settings don't seem consistent. Square and Small Corners are very close to being the same, Medium is fully circular, Larger is like the Vis/Repeat/Shuffle buttons (as shown above), as is Maximum, and Circle is fully circular as expected. Having now checked them all, I think Medium is the problem one.

Andre

@andrewilley, I have at last some time to work on this

The body text in all of the Library categories has suddenly shrunk to half its previous size:

This is scaled down by design as the display with large text became a little messy. I will add an option to set the scale factor from small eg .5 to max 1.

I have reduced the play  buttons by 10dp each so these should fit again.

The track text moved up by 5dp, album artist added top margin 5dp

a for the left margin, I have not defined these anywhere as far as I know. I will check through the libary again though.

I adjusted the cornering for medium.

Update:23/02/20, 

released V61 on Google Play

Further fine tuning of library views,

- added scaling of text such as track, album/artist, genre etc so that you can adjust if it overlaps.

- removed background on above labels as it often overlapped with albumart

- removed setting a colour for multiple objects in one go

- added 2 new fonts, josefin sans and montserrat , regular, bold and light

- fixed landscape layout as it was not showing the meta information

As always if you have any alignment issues, please get in touch.

Edited by flyingdutchman

Great work as always @flyingdutchman!

For the Navbar and Android Navbar background colours, Black Opaque is missing. Is it possible to add this choice?

Thanks for fixing the search background in V60, too.

12 minutes ago, amber438 said:

Is there a way to hide the menu button top right?

That is in the Poweramp settings, in the "Player UI" list.