flyingdutchman

New Poweramp Skin - alternative layout

Some notes/findings to which I will add,  as I implement the new features.

- <include> tag say for rotation options will affect both skins in the same way

- dense factor of 0 makes albumart disappear

Am I correct in thinking that existing appoaches to eg albumart corners cannot coexist with the new seekbar methods? Once I remove the existing options, the new seekbar approach works otherwise the existing override. This means that although previous versions would not see the seekbars, existing/older options are no longer available as they were removed

<popup
    name="@string/select_rounding_aa_degree"
    defaultValue="@style/set_very_small_aa_corner"
    key="yaps_aa_corner_rounding"
    summary="@string/select_rounding_aa_degree_summary">
    <option
        name="@string/select_none_corner"
        checkedByDefault="false"
        key="yaps_aa_corner_rounding_none"
        overlapStyle="" />
    <option
        name="@string/select_very_small_corner"
        checkedByDefault="false"
        key="yaps_aa_corner_rounding_very_small"
        overlapStyle="@style/set_very_small_aa_corner" />

etc..
</popup>

@flyingdutchman by affecting both skins, what do you mean exactly? <include> just includes part of xml from other xml, so you can split your xml to multiple files.

There are no implicit or explicit checks on theme parameters, so appropriate seekbar min/max values should be tuned. I will tweak sample skin to avoid 0 for dense though.

For the corners it depends on what it the active style for the corners is. One style can override another style, and styles processed in the skin xml order. Both (static and seekbar) values can't coexist for corners as you define it as some fixed value (10dp) or as a reference to seekbar (@+id/seekbar_id).

So if you have in your skin options:
Rounded corners style switch
Dynamic Corners styles switch
Corner Seekbar

Then enabling Dynamic Corners styles switch will override previous Rounded corners style switch.

Testing the behaviour for earlier versions eg V860

<string name="aaOptions_old_header">Albumart Options pre V586</string>
<string name="shouldnotshow">switch should not show in earlier versions</string>
<string name="aaOptions_old_summary">For Poweramp versions up to V586</string>

in skin.xml

<page
    name="@string/page_albumart_options_pre"
    icon="@drawable/albumart"
    summary="@string/page_albumart_options_old_summary">

<page
        name="@string/aaOptions_old_header"
        >
        <option
            key="aaOptions_old"
            name="@string/shouldnotshow"
            summary="@string/aaOptions_old_summary"
            overlapStyle="@style/dummy"
            />

<popup
            name="@string/select_rounding_aa_degree"
            defaultValue="@style/set_very_small_aa_corner"
            key="yaps_aa_corner_rounding"
            dependency="aaOptions_old"
            summary="@string/select_rounding_aa_degree_summary">
            <option
                name="@string/select_none_corner"
                checkedByDefault="false"
                key="yaps_aa_corner_rounding_none"
                overlapStyle="" />

..... etc  2

options to set rounding for aa and option for margin around aa

</page>
Outcome:

<page is ignored but <option>  is not and for pre 586  this switch is irrelevant. 

For the Albumart Rotation I use <include> which is totally ignored which is as expected

image.png

However in your test app the same issue described above exists. This switch shows but does nothing when switching on/off

image.png.ffcf2e0524941d97845dacc96a025737.png

Am i doing something wrong? or how can I hide this <option>

I think I found a solution for this but I will leave these posts for your interest

simply create an <include> as this will be ignored by earlier versions

<include file="@xml/aa_old_header"/>
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<option
    key="aaOptions_old"
    name="@string/aaOptions_old_header"
    summary="@string/aaOptions_old_summary"
    overlapStyle="@style/dummy"
    />

23 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Thank you. On the 《include... i have2 skins in one app but i understand i do not need to use include if i want different behaviours.

Correct. As all keys are the same for the included multiple times xmls, the included options will manipulate same options. 
Though it's a good idea to allow to include same file and re-use it for the different skin and I'll think about adding that.

@flyingdutchman In older builds, <page> and <category> tags are ignored, but not their contents. Currently only <include> + separate xml will make included options not visible in older builds.

4 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Latest release is out. I advise users to read these notes before upgrading

https://playlistmanagerblog.wordpress.com/2020/04/06/Poweramp-skin-yaps/

Got the update, and it is very clean!

I very much like the new slider bars for selecting the values in a range where applicable. Some seem to have some values that don't make sense but I expect this will get cleaned up as you work through these. The only issue I have come across so far is in the font selector. All work, except when selecting the "App Default" font. Action should select the standard font in Android, but instead always goes back to "Josefine Sans Light" every time. So I can't get back to my preferred font at this time. It also appears currently that there are to steps to selecting the font, but perhaps this is by design as you may have additional options planned.

Thanks for the update!

G

@MotleyG, I have set the default font to Josefine light so the behaviour is correct. As for the multiple steps, yes, an unfortunate side effect in some case.

Thank you for your comments by the way.

14 minutes ago, flyingdutchman said:

@MotleyG, I have set the default font to Josefine light so the behaviour is correct. As for the multiple steps, yes, an unfortunate side effect in some case.

Thank you for your comments by the way.

@flyingdutchman is it possible to restore the ability to access the standard Android font as a choice as well? I really much prefer the all-caps version I have on my phone, much easier to view especially in the car.

Posted (edited)

I use $yaps$ skin and after the update i have lost having the text below the artwork in albums view. EDIT I found the setting that restores the text to be under the artwork in album grid view,it's in $yaps$/skin settings/miscellaneous/No Album Art Blur Background,you turn that off.

Edited by pauldamo

On 4/7/2020 at 6:38 AM, flyingdutchman said:

@pauldamo, I have noticed some strange behaviour myself. Although you have sort of resolved it, it still is not right. I will try and pin it down

@flyingdutchman I updated to V67 today. The new coloured seekbar is working, but the default app font still reverts to Josefine light rather than the Android default. I tried rebooting as well, but no charge.

G

@MotleyG, my mistake , I removed the default for the popup but forgot to remove it for app_default 🤢

<popup
    name="@string/fonts"
    defaultValue=""
    key="yaps_font"
    summary="@string/fonts_summary">
    <option
        name="@string/app_default"
        overlapStyle="@style/josefinsans_light" />

@flyingdutchman a new suggestion for your paid app - can you separately choose the  waveseek bar colour for the two sides, elapsed and upcoming? This could mix colours rather than just shading if it is feasible.

For the seekbar, can you add more of the opaque colours to the list? Currently there are only a few custom colours, but if the colour list for the music buttons could be used, that would increase the number of options for the seekbar significantly.

Thanks as always for your ongoing development and support!

G

1 hour ago, flyingdutchman said:

@MotleyG, I will have a look at your suggestions. In the meantime you can now set separate colors for track and album/artist

image.png.401a7895c856f890ef64893c33a8442f.png

Awesome, looking forward to the update!

Posted (edited)

@flyingdutchman on V70 it looks like the font size for the metadata is no longer in the list for adjustment. Just noticed now.

Edited by MotleyG

3 hours ago, MotleyG said:

@flyingdutchman on V70 it looks like the font size for the metadata is no longer in the list for adjustment. Just noticed now.

Also the option to change the relative size of text in the library drill-down views has gone missing. The option labelled 'Library List font size' in fact only adjusts the top-level items in the Library Categories overview screen. 

Andre