flyingdutchman

New Poweramp Skin - alternative layout

V64 has ben released. Be aware it may not appear on the webstore immediately. Below the message on the developer site:

Due to adjusted work schedules at this time, we are currently experiencing longer than usual review times.

Please expect review times of seven days or longer.

6 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

V64 has ben released. Be aware it may not appear on the webstore immediately. Below the message on the developer site:

Due to adjusted work schedules at this time, we are currently experiencing longer than usual review times.

Thanks @flyingdutchman it downloaded for me automatically overnight. So it has already been released by Google.

Thanks for the new release!

Will the layered menu update have a fallback option? Just thinking of people who may upgrade the Skin before they upgrade to the latest PA for example.

Andre

On 3/21/2020 at 4:49 AM, flyingdutchman said:

@flyingdutchman The update has fixed the UI screen elements that were not quite aligned properly. All looks great again. Thank you for the quick fix.

@maxmp, in addition to the menu, submenu enhancements is it at all possible to add a slider with a min and max integer value similar to or the actual SeekBarPreference. I have lots of settings where a slider would be useful as it provides more flexibility and reduces clutter. Setting font sizes would be a good example

Latest release v56 out now 

A new feature is the ability to set albumart animation when changing tracks

I am aware that there are now so many options and settings, managing these is becoming a little difficult. However, once maxmp provides the ability to create collapseable menus and (hopefully) silders, the menu will be restructured. Sliders would allow the user to set any value so for animation for example the user would be able to fine tune it without having to select a discreet option. Setting font sizes would be another example.

rotation.png

@flyingdutchman Right, seekbars for skin preferences would be cool, but seekbars can't produce theme/style values we can use directly. Instead, each case of such seekable value should be explicitly handled in the source code. If you have subset of properties you want to control with seekbar preference, please list them here and I will try to iteratively add those, hopefully to the next (865) build.

If you have subset of properties you want to control with seekbar preference, please list them here and I will try to iteratively add those, hopefully to the next (865) build.

@maxmp my thinking is along the lines that a seekbar would return a value between min and max which is then passed to a variable listed in attrs.

My main "variable" variables at the moment are

<attr name="font_size" format="dimension"/> // used for Line2
<attr name="track_font_size" format="dimension"/>
<attr name="library_font_size" format="dimension"/>
<attr name="meta_scale_factor" format="dimension" />
<attr name="library_text_scale_factor" format="float" />
<attr name="waveseek_width" format="dimension" /> //bar width
<attr name="album_art_aaMaxZRotation" format="float" />
<attr name="aa_round_factor" format="float" /> // degree of rounding of main ui albumart
<attr name="album_margin" format="integer" />

As an example:

<style name="set_30sp_library_font_size">
    <item name="library_font_size">30sp</item>
</style>
<style name="ItemTextTitle_Text_font" parent="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:ItemTextTitle_Text">
    <!-- library list tracks, artist,albums, genres etc -->
    <item name="android:fontFamily">?selected_font</item>
    <item name="android:textSize">?library_font_size</item>
</style>

Would something like this work? To make it truly independant, could attr_name preferences be set this way?

<slider
            name="@string/font_size"
            defaultValue="@style/set_default_font_slider_value"
            key="yaps_font_slider_value"
            summary="@string/font_size_summary">

<option
           name=@string/font_size
        min="0"
        max="32"
        step="1"
        attr_name="track_font_size"
    />
    </slider

Edited by flyingdutchman
clarification

9 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

A new feature is the ability to set albumart animation when changing tracks

Very nice. Might be an idea to add the zoom-animation that's currently used for category changes into that list too? Maybe even allow adjusting the category change animation in the same way?

Andre

@flyingdutchman I've added seekbar options for font size and corner radius. Stuff like margins and other arbitrary dimensions are harder and will be slow to process, but I think I will increase number of such dynamic attributes in the future builds. The debug build is here, so you can start a bit earlier: 

Poweramp skin API/sample app is updated as well, see here: https://github.com/maxmpz/powerampapi/blob/master/poweramp_skin_sdk/poweramp_skin_sample/app/src/main/res/xml/skins.xml#L11

@MotleyG

On 4/9/2019 at 12:21 PM, flyingdutchman said:

I have set the background to have the same colour as navbar background but cannot find anything to change the colour of the bars themselves. 

List of Poweramp builtin spectrum presets:
    internal://#fft1
    internal://#fft2
    internal://#fft2inv
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-centered
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-centered-narrow
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-centered-reflected
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-centered-wide
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-dots
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-narrow
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-plain
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-quads-narrow
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-reflected-wide
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-wide

On 4/9/2019 at 12:21 PM, flyingdutchman said:

I have set the background to have the same colour as navbar background but cannot find anything to change the colour of the bars themselves. 

List of Poweramp builtin spectrum presets:
    internal://#fft1
    internal://#fft2
    internal://#fft2inv
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-centered
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-centered-narrow
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-centered-reflected
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-centered-wide
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-dots
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-narrow
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-plain
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-quads-narrow
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-reflected-wide
    builtin://#Poweramp%20-%20spectrum-wide

4 hours ago, maxmp said:

@flyingdutchman I've added seekbar options for font size and corner radius. Stuff like margins and other arbitrary dimensions are harder and will be slow to process, but I think I will increase number of such dynamic attributes in the future builds. The debug build is here, so you can start a bit earlier: 

Poweramp skin API/sample app is updated as well, see here: https://github.com/maxmpz/powerampapi/blob/master/poweramp_skin_sdk/poweramp_skin_sample/app/src/main/res/xml/skins.xml#L11

@maxmpAmazing!!. I will get to work

@maxmp, a brief update. Alrhough it appears to be working as expected there are 2 points I noted;

1 setting the font size in a style to 30sp appears to have a different size outcome when setting fonts to the same size using sliders

2. spacing of the text view seems to increase disproportionately when using slider values

I have tried to capture both issues in attached sceenshots

fonts_30.png

Having compared the sizes with text in Word, the slider size looks right

image.png.5229c9ab4344c88040ae5685da68c9d3.png

Also

I found that

<style name="ItemTextLine2" parent="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:ItemTextLine2">
    <item name="android:textSize">?library_font_size</item>
    <item name="com.maxmpz.audioplayer:textSizeMultiplierPref">skin_library_font_size</item>
</style>

cannot coexist, setting one affects the other. 

A quick question: are skin Settings saved separately from PA Settings? So for example does a PA Export Settings / Import Settings save and restore skin options too? Or are they saved somewhere within the installed Skin data itself?

The reason I ask is I want to do some PA version roll-back testing on my main device, but I don't really want to have to re-create all of my skin adjustments now I've got them looking how I want to. 

Andre

@flyingdutchman seekbar value is not a font size, but an additional multiplier to the textSize for given view.  

Typical Poweramp theme has like 30+ font related styles, it's not usable to provide direct control over each possible font size in a skin via seekbar.

Instead, one (or few) seekbars can be used to control multiple font sizes as text size multiplier is a separate value and resulting font size is [style font size] * [seekbar multiplier].

@flyingdutchman @andrewilley skin settings stored in the main Poweramp preferences storage (so they can be backed up and restored as usually). Stable-ids is not directly related to preferences, this is development only file ensuring you have skin ids stable between builds.