Poweramp
flyingdutchman

New Poweramp Skin - alternative layout

@flyingdutchman I really enjoy the Yaps skin, great. A couple of suggestions if they are feasible that may provide some additional customizations. For the record, I am using v3/823 on a LG G6 phone with Oreo.

1. The Status Bar at the top of the screen always has the bluish background. Is this something that can be configured with the same background settings as the other elements, including a transparent option?

2. For the Wave Seek bar when enabled, can the standard, scrolling wider version be an option?

3. For the Alternate skin version, is there a way to at least make the Track name fit below the artwork similar to the standard version? The Artist/Album can still be left out since the artwork should reveal those details, but the track name would be great, even better if it was toggle selection.

4. Lower the icon buttons for the Visualizer/Timer/Repeat/Shuffle modes so they aren't over the text?

See screenshots of what I currently have, using the current Yaps options. They look great, thanks for the work!

Screenshot_2019-04-20-19-05-32.png

Screenshot_2019-04-20-19-04-42.png

On 4/20/2019 at 7:26 PM, MotleyG said:

@flyingdutchman I really enjoy the Yaps skin, great. A couple of suggestions if they are feasible that may provide some additional customizations. For the record, I am using v3/823 on a LG G6 phone with Oreo.

Thanks again @flyingdutchman for the incredible support. Hope my feedback was helpful for you to improve future updates of these skins!

Released V20. Quite a few nice additions in this release. Some alternative silders and knobs, similar to traditional Poweramp graphics but with some enhancements. 

The navbarIcon colour is reflected in the default play buttons, dashes on the sliders and volume knob indicators

Further changes after user feedback and general fixes and fine tuning.

releaseV20.png

a new release brings yet more features

default waveseek, static waveseek, seekbar, each one configurable on/off

waveseek.png

@karocolinassfesbonyou are probably referring to one of my free skins. This thread is about the paid one and it has options to set a background colour (more than 50 to choose from) or set a background pattern

morl.png

Thank you man for your answer, so for the theme yes it's free versions that I downloaded on the net.
I installed it, for several patients, where I work ( hop a little Bank note for me lol ah ah ah)
It's a little complicated with all the options, you do not always know what each option's.
I love yaps 7 he is too stylish.
I have many qustions ?
1- Is it possible that you make a theme for the disabled peoples, with big buttons play, and not many options? (a little bank note for u lol ah ah ah)
2- Can you do a tutorial to explain all the functions?
3- what are the differences with free yaps themes to find on the net, and those paying 2,50$ (expensive) on the play?
*payers still have more options?
thank you buddy for sharing your themes, stay the cap.

To answer your questions

1 yes it is possible. You have seen bigyaps i assume so anything is possible. Send me some mock ups (examples) of what you have in mind

2 of course but perhaps a better description for each option will suffice

3 differences, a developer can decide to make an app free or paid. Usually the free version has some limitations or reduced functionality. My free playlist manager for instance has advertising and some functionality disabled

Screenshozip.png

Hi The aficionados of the skins, I always, the same problems, I do not find the options to enlarge the button "play".

I downloaded all the free versions of yaps, on appvpn and still miss this options ???????????

Can you put "an special stump option" for people who don't have a fingers, please.

You're help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks you very much Buddy, for your free skin.

On 4/20/2019 at 7:27 AM, Sullivan said:

Everything is perfect now. Thanks!

Screenshot_20190420-182209.png

How do I tweak the settings to look like this?  Its super

Navbar background transparent, android navbar transparent, no album blur, text colour white, navbar icon colour white. You could even opt to hide the 3 dots.. no wave or seekbars.

Thats it

more coming up probably today 16/6/19. New options to set background colours for the menu on front screen (3 dots) or long press albumart. Also equaliser preset menu and reverb menu. I would like to be able to set all popup/menu backgounds but have not yet been able to figure that out. I have asked maxmp but he has not replied.

In addition I have added another colour set but all opaque so you now have over 100 colours to choose from.

8 hours ago, flyingdutchman said:

Navbar background transparent, android navbar transparent, no album blur, text colour white, navbar icon colour white. You could even opt to hide the 3 dots.. no wave or seekbars.

Thats it

Thanks!!  Love this skin btw

One more question. How does one update the paid skin when you have new options released. 

This is a problem as i have no control over saving any settings. I will post a request whereby max makes this possible. ( and loading of course). Feel free to start a new thread under skins.

Although......

I uninstalled my skin and applied the new .apk package. At first it looked as if all was back to default, I then set text to xlarge, suddenly all other settings reappeared without me doing anything. I seems to be  a dark art.

Hi The aficionados of the skins, the disjunctés of the sound system.Régis a young handicapped, has drawn his project, he'has trouble using his hands. But he did a really good job.
There is same draw Bono on stage with his microphone. Is it possible to realise his project ?
He is only 12 years old but, he gives us a nice lesson of courage. Thanks you very much Buddy, for your free skin.

Sans-titre.png

I dont like a large or long phones so I am one who suffers from the small album art scaling. I tried all of the other skins and I've yet to find a simple skin for my phone. I've been stuck on the "Built-In Dark" skin with alternative layout to remove the words from the album art, but the album art is scaled small.

Finally I see your skin and the album artwork fills the screen!! With all the skins out there I think there's a trade-off of something we really don't like. I think your skin is very close to being so customize-able that it can be the simple Layout I've seen a lot of people requesting.

I drive with my phone mounted to the dash so it's really nice to have the thick waveseek. One of the things skins suffer from is the Pause button. For Example Driving with the "Built-In Dark" skin the Play button is decent, but the Pause button is so tiny and has a tiny touch pattern. So it's difficult to resume playing while in a car driving. Most times you end up touching the waveseek and skipping through the song. Being able to turn off the Pro Buttons also makes it easier to use the phone in the car to play/pause or swipe the album cover to change songs without having those extra buttons in the way.

I did notice an issue in your skin with the timestamps. They tend to overlap the waveseek on some songs and you can't read the time at all. It might be nice to move them down or add a black background to them. I didn't see that option if it exists? 

Also as someone else mentioned, I can only see the song title. The Artist name and Album title is hidden unless I am looking at landscape mode. Maybe you can swap the playlist counter or remove it completely so all the artist info appears? I would much rather have artist and song info over playlist counter which i really never look at anyways. Swapping the two locations at least I only lose the counter.

The perfect skin for me would be this part of the Built-In skin:

Screenshot_20190621-204003.thumb.jpg.deb905b2cff32791643571c89a77dabc.jpg

With your skins ability to show just the album art maximized with song title and artist info below it and all those other buttons turned off:

Screenshot_20190621-204022.thumb.jpg.ae7743349a1bb665c88cff1e8bbf2959.jpg

This screenshot just shows I can see the Artist info and Album title only when landscape mode:

Screenshot_20190621-204054.thumb.jpg.b7426a43691b9613996f2921db299971.jpg

I really like the ability to change all the colors and turn off the extra junk. But the pro buttons in the way, the waveseek being too thin and timestamp overlapping add up to a deal breaker for me.

Maybe you can create a simple or car mode version of this skin where main buttons exist and are large enough 

@Absinthequ having read your extensive post i can report that the artist album will be visible in the next release but not in alternative layout as there is not enough space. In time i will look at this and see if i can somehow squeeze it in for small devices. Secondly, the thicker waveseek bar is already available. Lastly, hiding pro buttons is available in one of my free skins so i will add this to $yaps$.

@flyingdutchman The version you released today is perhaps the best that can be done. Not much left to customise, and the layout for me is as close to perfect as I could ask! Great work!

GB

Screenshot_2019-06-22-18-17-44.png